London School of Planning and Management
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now Enquire for business
Enquiring for your team?
Get in touch with the course provider to understand what training they can offer you.
This diploma provides comprehensive coverage of the issues, challenges and disciplines growth organisations or business start-ups face. Learners who want to make a success of their own business venture or to develop their skills in promoting or creating growth in organisations will gain significantly from this qualification.
The inspired student or entrepreneur will gain valuable insights into the characteristics, skills, resources and tools required to drive a growing organisation or business start-up forward. Learners will be required to be proactive and engage with businesses that have growth strategies or start-ups with ambition.
Learners will be expected to create ideas and plans that support their personal business goals or those of organisations that they are involved with. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
OfQual Qualification Number: 601/8273/8
What is Ofqual?
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
OfQual has set a range of rules for regulated qualifications, as well as guidance which supports those rules. The body also has set out separate rules for national assessments.
Why choose LSPM?
- Your qualification is recognised and accepted world over.
- Experience online-time study like never before with our purpose built smart learning tools which gives you advantage of studying anytime and anywhere.
- Flexible payment plans, pay fee in easy monthly, quarterly or yearly instalments.
- Fast track mode - attain your qualification in just 6 months !
- Dedicated Tutor Support via live chat.
This qualification aims to give practising or potential managers formal development in this role. The qualification does this by developing management understanding and assisting participants in gaining the knowledge required at this level.
Candidates do not have to be currently employed to study this qualification, but may be engaged in voluntary activity or planning for work. These are stand-alone qualifications.
The Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree.
Level 5 Diploma in Business and Enterprise consists of 8 mandatory units and 8 optional units for a combined total of 240 credits.
- Each unit is of 15 credit value
- Introduction to Business and Enterprise
- Managing in a Global Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Accounting
- Business Communication
- Operations Management
- Leadership within Organisations
- Business Research
Business Units (Optional Units)
- Business Decision Making
- Externally Set Assignments
- Strategic Business Management and Planning
- Ethics in Business
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Enterprise Units (Optional Units)
- Risk Management
- Planning a New Business Venture
- Project Management for Business
Law Units (Optional Units)
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Company Law
- European Law
Marketing Units (Optional Units)
- Marketing Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Marketing Planning
- Marketing Communications
HRM Units (Optional Units)
- Employee Relations
- Human Resource management (principles)
- Managing Human Resources (Practice)
- Human Resource Development
Tourism Units (Optional Units)
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Resort Management
- Passenger Transport Operations
- Incoming and Domestic Tourism
Please note :
A candidate can choose the options that suit their career path.
For e.g. Tourism.
This will mean they have to undertake:
- ALL mandatory units (120 credits) plus
- 4 Pathway Tourism units (60 Credits)
- 4 Optional units from any other Pathway/Optional group (other than Tourism) e.g. HRM or Management or Law or Business (60 Credits)
Who is this course for?
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business.
Successful completion of the qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to Level 6 Diploma qualification or opt for Bachelors Degree Top Up such as :-
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- BSc (Hons) Management Accounting.
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of Level 4 diploma or year 1 of bachelors degree or any equivalent overseas qualification
In case of no formal education, learners can gain entry on the basis of workexperience.
- Learners having 2 years of work experience or more are eligible in case of no formal educational qualification.
On successful completion of Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Enterprise, there are a number of progression opportunities.
Candidates may progress to:
- Other qualifications at the next level For example: Level 6 Certificate or Diploma in Business or,
- Top Up Degree in Business or,
- Employment in a middle management position
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.