Add to basket or enquire
The Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is a recognised qualification that will provide you with the required skills and knowledge to work as a professionally-qualified counsellor in a variety of settings, dependent on your interests and preferences. The transformative nature of this course will challenge your core beliefs and the way that you view situations and the people around you, as well as helping you to develop yourself as a counsellor and as a person.
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observations. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Person-centred approaches to counselling
- Counselling for grief and loss
- Counselling clients who have experienced abuse
- Relationship counselling
- Counselling skills, development and practice
- Comparative theories and approaches in counselling
- Continuing personal development in counselling
- Human development in relation to counselling
- Client work in therapeutic counselling
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. This qualification is offered through Pearson Edexcel, an OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. Pearson’s products and services are used by millions of teachers and learners around the world every day. Their mission is to help people to progress through learning, creating fulfilling careers and bettering their lives.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those working in professional or voluntary roles providing therapeutic counselling to clients, and who wish to gain the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required for such a role. The course is related directly to your job role and helps you to reflect on your performance at work and review your working practices.
To successfully complete the course, you will need to complete 100 hours of counselling practice with clients over two years. This is something that must be arranged by the student as we cannot provide this. You must also have regular supervision when working with clients to ensure both your own and your client’s safety, as well as to aid your skills and development.
We recommend that you undergo some personal therapy throughout the duration of the course, particularly as the role can sometimes be emotionally challenging. Personal therapy helps you become an ethical, safer and more understanding counsellor, as well as providing you with the opportunity to find out more about yourself.
- Students must be aged 18 or above
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily – you will be observed in your workplace setting
This qualification is ideal for those working in professional or voluntary roles providing therapeutic counselling to clients as it allows them to demonstrate key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required within the role. The course is related directly to the job role and helps practicing Councillors reflect on workplace performance and enables review of working practices.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Abdul Karim asked:
can i pay by installments? Is this a recognized BACP course?
Hi Abdul, thank you for submitting your question. Yes you can pay by installments. This course is on the list for BACP. But you must check with BACP to confirm that they will accept as these rules change.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, I was just wondering if there was a more detailed breakdown of areas covered in this course?
Hi Flora, the following units are involved with the course: - PERSON-CENTRED APPROACHES TO COUNSELLING - COUNSELLING FOR GRIEF AND LOSS - COUNSELLING CLIENTS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ABUSE - RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING - COUNSELLING SKILLS, DEVELOPMENT AND PRACTICE - COMPARATIVE THEORIES AND APPROACHES IN COUNSELLING - CONTINUING PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IN COUNSELLING - HUMAN DEVELOPMENT IN RELATION TO COUNSELLING - CLIENT WORK IN THERAPEUTIC COUNSELLINGThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi I am looking to do a level 5 course in counselling. I have achieved level 4 in Psychodynamic counselling but would like to change my route .
Hi Diane. We offer the Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling for £4200. This is an all inclusive price which includes access to our Virtual Learning Environment, Learning Resources, Tutor Support, Observations and an accredited OfQual certificate at no extra cost. On completion of this course you will have the required skills and knowledge to work as a professional, qualified counsellor in a variety of settings. If you have any further questions, please contact us.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.