Add to basket or enquire
The Level 5 Specialist Diplomas are qualifications which provide you with a full teaching qualification that is subject-specific. We offer the Diploma in Teaching Mathematics: Numeracy, Teaching English: Literacy, and Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL.
Throughout the programme, candidates will demonstrate their ability to transfer the findings of their research into their own practice. There is a requirement for 100 hours teaching/training practice and you must be qualified at Level 3 within the specialism for this course.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (including Teaching Mathematics: Numeracy) (RQF
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Furthermore, learners will be observed for a total of 8 sessions (minimum 1 hour) during the course to assess the practical elements of the qualification. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Teaching learning and assessment in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Numeracy knowledge and understanding
- Numeracy and the learners
- Numeracy teaching and learning
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those who want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills specifically in mathematics. The course aims to develop these specific skills to prepare you to become a teacher of mathematics/numeracy.
- All learners must have access to 100 hours of teaching
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily – you will be observed in your workplace setting
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- Learners should be qualified/experienced in the subject they intend to teach.
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to apply to the society for education and training for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) Status and therefore become a fully qualified teacher.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Abdullah Al-muhtadi asked:
i have Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching (Level 3) but i havent got 50 hours of teaching experience will i be eligible to take this course
Hi Abdullah, you will need to be working in a teaching workplace to carry out the 50 hours teaching practice.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, 1. Can I start any time of the year? 2. What is the minimum period that I can finish the course? 3. What is the installments arrangement?
Hi Iqbal, yes you can start at any point during the year. The course is completed entirely at your own pace, therefore the finishing time is based on how much time you can spend on the course. If you wish to pay via installments, we will require an initial payment of £300, followed by monthly payments of £100.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I work as an Educational Support Worker with students over 16. Can I use my current employment to complete 100 hrs of work placement ?
Hi Asia, yes your current employment would be suitable for the 100 Hour of teaching Practice. I hope this helps!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.