Add to basket or enquire
This qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in adult health and social care provision or in children and young people’s services. It has six pathways – three for those working with adults and three for those working with children and young people.
The Management pathway is suitable for Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers working in day or domiciliary services who are looking to progress their career. It is also appropriate for Managers who have not yet achieved a vocational qualification at this level.
The Residential Services pathway is aimed at those in similar job roles as those taking the Management pathways but the focus is on management and care in residential settings.
The Advanced Practice pathway is geared towards senior practitioners who would like to develop their career but wish to remain active practitioners in the management framework.
This qualification is a must have for our Higher Level Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management. The Children and Young People pathways are also named in the Apprenticeship Standard for Children Young People and Families Manager.
You will need to complete 6 shared core mandatory units (Total credit value 30), a group of mandatory units specific to each pathway and a selection of optional units to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to achieve this qualification. The mandatory units are:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
The remaining 60 credits from one of the following pathways;
- Adults’ Residential Management
- Adults’ Management/ Adults’ Advanced Practice
- Children and Young People’s Residential Management
- Children and Young People’s Management
How the course is delivered
This course is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from their tutor during this time.
Who is this course for?
The Management pathway is suitable for Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers working in day or domiciliary services who are looking to progress their career. It is also appropriate for Managers who have not yet achieved a qualification at this level.
- An appropriate level of skill in the English language. International learners will be required to have ILETS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Learners will need to be working in the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting, or have the opportunity to carry out responsibilities associated with these roles to be able to study for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England) (90 credits).
On completion learners can progress to a wide range of job roles depending on the pathway taken. The following list is not all-inclusive, but gives a taster of the opportunities available in either adult or children and young people’s settings:
- deputy manager
- assistant manager
- care broker
- case manager
- senior support worker
- day care manager
- residential care manager
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Are all fees included in this please
Dear Katie, Thank you for your enquiry. We are happy that you have selected the right institution to fulfil your Professional Development Needs! Further to your enquiry for Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care&children & young people’s setting – yes, all the fees are included. Thanks APeducation OnlineThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.