Cambridge Management and Leadership School Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care is an internationally accredited qualification, suitable for learners to develop their careers in the health and social care companies/organisations at the assistant, supervisory, managerial, or leadership role.
The Qualification has been created to develop and reward the business health and social care workers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector. The rationale of the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and care capabilities within the health and social care sector.
International Accreditation and Equivalence
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care has following accreditation and equivalence
- England and Europe: Accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and European Qualifications Framework (EQF) at Level 5.
- Wales: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to Credit and Qualification Framework for Wales at Level 5
- Scotland: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Frame (SCQF) Level 9/8
- Ireland: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland at Level 7/6
- Higher Education in the UK: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent the Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland Level 5.
At the end of the qualification, learners will be able to
- Lead and manage operations of the health and social care organisation in the public or private sector
- Analyse, synthesis and summarising information critically
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing needs
- Circumstances, whether within their own area of employment, or through promotion to a supervisory or management position, or to adapt to changes in the health/social care environment
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career
- Develop a career in the care organisation.
Start Date: 19th May / 28th May / 5th June / July - Learners can register anytime.
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care includes the following 5 units.
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs
- Research Project
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
It is not mandatory to be working to study this qualification with Cambridge Management and Leadership School.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include assignments. There are no exams in this course. You will write assignments of each unit and submit to our Online Learning Platform for our assessor to mark.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete 6 units successfully and achieve 120 credits Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management by Qualifi ltd Awarding Organisation in partnership with Cambridge Management and Leadership School.
Additional Note - Awarding body Registration and Certificate Fees
Learners will pay £250 Awarding body registration and certification fees.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for learners who would like to have careers towards senior management and leadership careers in health and social care. For example, you can apply to become
- Registered Care Manager or Social Worker,
- A managerial position of any health or social care organisation,
- Team leader,
- Case Manager
- Care administrator,
- Residential Care Manager
- A nursing career with management responsibilities,
- Administrative or support worker.
This qualification is also suitable to learners who are looking for a career change to health and social care or want to update their personal and professional development or looking for a job progression and it is also providing further education progression to Level 6 or Level 7 Diploma in Health and Management.
We expect learners to have a previous level qualification or work experience to purchase this course.
Learners will have lots of employment opportunities to work as a manager or leader in the health or care organisation in the public or private sector. Other careers team leader, social worker, Supervisor, Care or support manager or support worker. Students have opportunities to study further education such as Level 6 or Level 7 Postgraduate in health and social care management.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.