London School of International Business
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This 120 credit Qualification has been created to develop and reward the business health and social care workers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector.
The rationale of the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and care capabilities within the health and social care sector.
- Analysing, synthesising and summarising information critically
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct.
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge.
- Circumstances, whether within their own area of employment, or through promotion to a supervisory or management position, or to adapt to changes in the health/social care environment
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
Why is this course right for you?
- Transform your career: Enrol today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
- Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organisation with ease.
- Upgrade your skills : Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
- Enhance your credibility: the qualification is fully accredited and recognised and adds value to your educational profile.
- Progression opportunities : As this qualification is approved and regulated, learners are eligible to progress to Level 6 Diploma or Bachelor's degree top-up programme on completion at an attractive fee plan.
- Cost effective: Typically, British qualification starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with LSIB, you enjoy savings of up to 60% on your educational investment.
- 100% Online: Study online with the UK’s leading online course provider.
- Global programme: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
- Study material: Comprehensive study material / e-library support / study links available at no additional cost.
- Easy Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
- Extensive Tutor Support : Qualifications delivered by LSIB comes with complete tutor support via live chat and email. Support via whatsapp call is provided on case to case basis.
- Assessments: Assessment is done through written assignments and/ or dissertation project.
- Fees listed is for complete course - inclusive of all costs.
- We also offer flexible payment plans, please contact us via phone / email / Chat / whats App or simply email us admissions[at]lsib[dot]co[dot]uk
- Qualification Specification - download
This Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care consists of 5 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care
- Research Project (40 credits)
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed and externally verified by the awarding body. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Accelerated Mode available - Now complete this qualification in just 6 months !
Under accelerated mode, learner can complete this qualification in just 6 months at a special pricing of £1000 only for Reed visitors.
Apply today - Visit London School of International Business website.
Who is this course for?
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include:
- Prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification for example an Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- other equivalent international qualifications
If you work in one of the following job roles this qualification would be suitable for you:-
- Registered Manager
- Care Manager/Social Worker
- Assistant or Deputy Manager
- Senior Care worker or supervisor
- Nursing staff
- Support worker or supervisor
- Team Leader
- The Average Health And Social Care salary in the UK is £32,653 as per Average salary checker on Reed website (12 July 2019).
Learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Award/Diploma or any other equivalent qualification
- Mature learners with management 3 years of work experience or more in case of no formal qualification.
Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
Please get in touch with the admissions team for more information. Visit London School of International Business website and chat with the admissions agents for more information.
Learners may progress to:
- larger qualifications at the same level e.g. from a Certificate to the Diploma or Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or a related qualification, or example the Diploma in Management.
- A degree programme in a higher education institution and claim exemptions for some of the units completed.