Cambridge Management and Leadership School Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The qualification has been created to develop and reward the health and social care workers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector.
The programmes provide the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding industry, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions. The course aims for the following five themes of an academic plan:
1: Pursuing Excellence - Apply self-reflective, analytical, evaluative, intellectual, and transferable skills in private and public sectors.
2: Practice-led, knowledge-applied - Enable learners to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills required of a flexible creative practitioner.
3: Interdisciplinary - Develop a learner who is responsive to the changing interdisciplinary landscape, able to adapt to changing needs, paraprofessional roles and inter-professional working.
4: Employability-driven - To provide individuals with the knowledges, skills and behaviours necessary to forge a career within the health and social care sector, through the acquisition of in depth knowledge and understanding.
5: Internationalisation - Develop an understanding of the impact of diverse and cultural issues within health and social care.
Learners studying for the Certificate and Diploma in Health and Social Care will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
1. Analysing, synthesising and summarising information critically
2. The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
3. Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
4. Recognise the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
5. An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
6. Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
7. Transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing needs
8. Circumstances, whether within their own area of employment, or through promotion to a supervisory or management position, or to adapt to changes in the health/social care environment
9. To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
These are the overall learning outcomes in line with foundation degree equivalences.
Start date: October 2020 / November 2020/ December 2020 / January 2021
Equivalent to the first degree in Health and Social Care
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care is an internationally recognised qualification, accredited to UK Regulated Qualification Framework and European Qualification Framework. It is also equivalent to University year 1 and year 2.
240 credits Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care includes 11 units. First six units are at Level 4 and the remaining five units are at level 5.
Level 4 Units (120 credits)
- Academic Study Skills
- Communicating in Health and Social Care
- An Introduction to Healthcare Policy
- Reflective Practice
- Managing People in Health and Social Care
- Sociology Concepts in Health and Ill Health
Level 5 Units (120 credits)
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care
- Research Project
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include only assignments. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of each unit of minimum 2000-2500 words in length to pass the unit and to achieve unit credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete 11 units successfully and achieve 240 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Note - Assessment Fees
- Learners will pay £1300 Assessment fees either full or in 10 monthly instalments of £130/month, No resit/re-submission cost.
Who is this course for?
Anyone with interest in health and social care can join this qualification which will serve as a foundation degree to them. The course is suitable for personal and professional development, for career progressions, job progressions or get managerial job status in health or social care sector.
Level 3 or an equivalent qualification is sufficient to take admission or alternatively students should have at least 2 years experience in the sector.
After this course, learners will be able to work as manager in the health or social care organisation. You will also have an opportunity to covert your diploma to BA/BSC Hons Final year at the University degree in Health or Social Care.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Michelle Jeantou asked:
Could you please be more specific. Is it or is it not recognised by CQC.
We confirmed from the awarding body, it is recognised and can be used towards CQC application.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
When you say the exam fee and certificate are separate payments ; how much do we expect in total?
Learners will pay £1300 Assessment fees either full or in 10 monthly instalments of £130/month, No resit/re-submission cost.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Would this course lead on to a qualification and if so can I do a top up for a degree. Thank you
Dear Naz, it is a formally recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual - A regulator in England & Awarded by Qualifi Ltd & widely accepted by UK Universities for the Final Year degreeThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.