Add to basket or enquire
This qualification replaces level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
This programme is designed to prepare trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts. To achieve the qualification, there is a requirement for teaching practice that requires observation and assessment of performance.
This purchase is for the learning materials, with tutor support and weekly one-to-one tutorial (if required) included. Please note that the final assessment fee of £150 is required for each unit after submitting coursework. There are seven units to be assessed and certificated for you to achieve the Diploma.
You are usually expected to complete the course within 9 - 12 months from enrolment. We, however, give you an additional 3 months if you fail to complete during the normal duration which stretches the time period to a maximum of 15 months!
Candidates are able to complete the course within a shorter time depending on a number of factors which includes own commitment and ability to study at a higher level. However, candidates joining the course with evidence of prior learning with a substantial number of credits will obviously be able to complete quicker! This is because guided learning hours will also reduce.
Fast track is possible for those who are dedicated to studying at a fast pace, have resources and access to learning opportunities.
The course is offered at level 5 which involves being theoretical and the ability to critically analyse, use specific referencing and carry out detailed reflection and evaluation.
This course will help you develop more effective classroom technique and allow you to choose better techniques and resources suitable for classes in adult education. Holders of level 4
Certificate in Education will only be required to evidence for up to 50 hours. A minimum of 120 credits has to be achieved in order to gain the qualification, which includes a minimum of 61 credits at level. The course involves describing, explaining and some evaluation and referencing.
- Phase 1 Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Phase 1 Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Phase 1 Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Phase 2 Wilder professional practice and development I education and training
- Phase 2 Developing using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Phase 2 Inclusive practise
- Phase 2 Action research
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- A study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
- Well planned payment plan
Who is this course for?
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
Planning and developing schemes of work
Delivering learning sessions
Developing teaching and learning strategies
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
- Access to 100 hours teaching practice whilst on the course
Primary School Teacher
Secondary School Teacher
FE / College Teacher
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do I get a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) at the end of the course? Can I finish this course in 6 months?
To gain QTLS status, you must achieve a relevant teaching qualification to at least level 5 (i.e. this qualification). You will need to provide evidence of your literacy and numeracy skills to at least level two. If you already hold a numeracy/maths and literacy/English qualification such as Key Skills or GCSE grade A-C these should be acceptable. Please check this for more information on Society for Education.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Jamal AlSabbagh asked:
I have bachelors degree in computer since , and Master in networking , I have experience in teaching for 10 years. do I qualify to do this course
You are qualified to do the Diploma only if you have access to 100 hours of teaching, otherwise, my advice for you will be to do the Award in Education and TeachingThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hayley Feltham asked:
I would like to know what the overall cost would be please.
The all-inclusive cost is £1,150.00 for the 7 units, £150 per unit.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.