London School of International Business
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training aims to give those established within the teaching profession a recognised qualification. This qualification is also suitable for those who are practising within the sector, who have a significant amount of knowledge and understanding and who now wish to consolidate that experience with a formal qualification.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) programmes are the recognised teaching qualification for the post-16 sector.
- This diploma is equivalent to the second year of a UK bachelor’s degree.
- It is a popular route for prospective teachers who want to pursue a career in further education, or currently hold an FE teaching role and want to gain a full teaching qualification.
In order to gain QTLS status you must achieve a Level 5 or above Diploma in Education and training and you are then able to seek QTLS status through the Society for Education and Training.
QTLS is a professional status achieved by self-assessment of your teaching experience and practice along with achievement of the OTHM Level 5 (or above) Diploma at 120 credits.
Why is this course right for you?
- Transform your career: Enrol today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
- Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organisation with ease.
- Upgrade your skills : Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
- Enhance your credibility: the qualification is fully accredited and recognised and adds value to your educational profile.
- Progression opportunities : As this qualification is approved and regulated, learners are eligible to progress to relevant Degree top-up programme on completion at an attractive fee plan.
- Cost effective: Typically, British qualification starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with LSIB, you enjoy savings of up to 60% on your educational investment.
- 100% Online: Study online with the UK’s leading online course provider.
- Global programme: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
- Study material: Comprehensive study material / e-library support / study links available at no additional cost.
- Easy Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
- Extensive Tutor Support : Qualifications delivered by LSIB comes with complete tutor support via live chat and email. Support via whatsapp call is provided on case to case basis.
- Assessments: Assessment is done through written assignments and/ or dissertation project.
- Fees listed is for complete course - inclusive of all costs.
- We also offer flexible payment plans, please contact us via phone / email / Chat / whats App or simply email us admissions[at]lsib[dot]co[dot]uk
The Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training consists of 4 mandatory units and 5-6 optional units for a combined total of 120 credits.
Mandatory units (75 credits)
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (15 credits)
Part 1 : Optional Units (Select minimum 21 credits)
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour in a Learning Environment (6 credits)
- Action Research (15 credits)
- Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area (15 credits)
Part 2 : Optional Units (Select minimum 24 credits)
- Internally assure the quality of assessment (6 credits)
- Evaluating learning programmes (3 credits)
- Manage learning and development in groups (6 credits)
- Equality and Diversity (6 credits)
- Identify the learning needs of organisations (6 credits)
- Inclusive Practice (15 credits)
- Teaching in a Specialist Area (15 credits)
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills;
- are currently teaching and want to have their experience and practice accredited;
- are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 100 hours;
- are able to undertake a large qualification, lasting one to two years;
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of a degree course;
- want a wide choice of optional units to reflect the context in which they teach;
- want a qualification recognised as equivalent to the Certificate of Education qualifications;
- are willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan to address them where necessary.
- can evidence Level 3 skills in English or mathematics if they are taking any of the specialist units in teaching English (literacy and/or ESOL) or mathematics (numeracy).
Candidates should have obtained one or a number of the following:-
- Three GCSE passes (at ‘C’ level standard). We will consider higher qualifications (A level) to be a sufficient entry standard
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training in either Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) as equivalent qualifications;
- A recognised level 4 qualification;
- 100 hours of teaching experience, should candidates possess no qualification.
- Candidate must provide evidence of proficiency (at level 2 or equivalent) in the English Language.
You can apply for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status once you’ve successfully completed your training. Once achieved, QTLS is equivalent to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England, allowing you to work as a qualified teacher in state schools.
For more information about QTLS, including eligibility and registration, please visit the Society for Education and Training website.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.