Thirsty Scholars Partnership
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This is a formal Level 5 TEFL qualification and it is regulated by OFQUAL. This is the only TEFL course we offer, as shorter and unregulated qualifications can be deemed unacceptable by international schools. It is important to know that increasingly schools request that candidates hold a Level 5 certificate. If you are looking to teach English abroad we strongly advise undertaking a Level 5 course like this one. You will get complimentary recruitment support when you enrol with us, and free access to a growing library of online CPD.
- Course overview and guide - download
There are many benefits for studying with us including:
- Flexible and fully online distance learning qualification, meaning you can study and become certified in your own time.
- Internationally recognised certificate.
- Free lifetime access to a growing library of CPD accredited online courses, worth hundreds of pounds.
- Full recruitment service through our sister company The International Teaching Partnership.
- Personal tutor and support for the duration of the course.
This course will consist of 11 mandatory units and will develop learners knowledge of
- The English language and how to teach it
- How to assess the needs of learners
- Preparing lesson plans and schemes of work
- Resources and materials
- Adapting resources and lessons to meet the needs of younger learners
Who is this course for?
- Learners wishing to develop the skills and knowledge to specialise in the teaching of English to speakers of other languages.
- Those who want to become TEFL qualified teachers from the comfort of their own home.
At least a Level 2 (A-C) in English and Maths. Learners will have a high level of written and spoken English.
Once qualified you will be able to teach English as a foreign language and for those with degrees it could lead to undertaking a teaching qualification and achieving QTS.