Cambridge Management and Leadership School Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The rationale of the programme is to prepare potential learners, professional staff and managers of the future in the health and social care sector. This course provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required in the health or social care sector. Diploma holders will demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work activities, to meet national occupational standards and then apply self-reflective, analytical, evaluative, intellectual, and transferable skills in private and public sectors.
At the end of the course, a graduate is expected to be able to:
- Evaluate health care system trade-offs and role of marketing in health care organisations.
- Evaluate marketing environment and determinants of the utilisation of health care service that influence heath care industry.
- Identify the importance of strategy and marketing planning including segmentation, targeting, positioning and competition in healthcare industry.
- Investigate process of brand development, designing and managing health care channels and marketing implementation process in health and social care sector.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate systems and structures to promote the rights, responsibilities and diversity of people.
- Manage a service which achieves the best possible outcomes for the individuals in healthcare sector.
- Understand the management of financial resources controlling expenditures against budgets in healthcare sector.
- Monitor and evaluate the process of the work undertaken by a team including feedback in healthcare sector.
- Apply decision modelling techniques used to model the clinical situation in the healthcare organisation.
- Understand the role of health policy and economics in health care decision making.
- Assess patients’ preferences, and able to understand the opportunities for applying psychological theory to improve medical decision making.
- Understand philosophical foundations, and major steps involved in the process of conducting evidence-based practice and disorders in social work.
- Understand the problem, evidence-based approaches to assessment and intervention of alcohol abuse, cannabis and opioid-related disorders.
- Analyse problems and evidence-based assessment and intervention of antisocial and borderline disorder and understand the role of social workers in the managed health care system.
Start date: December 2020 / January 2021
The overall structure of the course is based on four modules that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. Each module is equivalent to 30 credits and at the end of the course, learners will be able to achieve 120 credits.
Module 1: Strategic Marketing for Health Care Organisations
This unit aims to develop a strategic marketing focus and link it to the strategy process within in health and social care organisations.
Module 2: Essential of Management in Health Sector
The unit aim is to develop effective managers in health and social care sector: learners will be able to engage with policy, clarify strategic goals, implement, manage and monitor good practice, and manage themselves and others in the pursuit of excellence in a multi-disciplinary context.
Module 3: Decision Making in Health Care
The unit aims to explore issues and problems associated with healthcare organisations and importance of decision making. A Learner will be able to explore tools and techniques for decision making as an effective manager.
Module 4: Social Work in Mental Care: An Evidence-based Approach
This unit aims to develop awareness of the treatments that are used to help treat mental health issues. Learners will be able to explore evidence-based approaches to deal with mental health issues.
Qualification Credits and Duration
Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care Management can be achieved in 6 to 12 months and learners will achieve 120 credits.
How will you study
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include only assignments. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of each unit of minimum 1000-2500 words in length to pass the unit and to achieve unit credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete four units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Additional Note – Assessment Fee
Assessment cost of the qualification is £400 (instead £800), payable at the beginning of the course or in £100/month for four months. This discounted Assessment cost will remain valid until 17th January 2021
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful for individuals from all over the world who are already on job for personal and professional development or re-entering employment after a period of absence in the health science, health or social care and for those who are seeking a career change in the health and social care sector.
There are no entry requirements for this course. However, we expect learners to have a computer/laptop/tablet to study this course with us.
Learners completing the Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will allow progress to:
- Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- directly into employment in an associated profession
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I am a nurse working in hospital I would like to open a residential home. I was wondering do I need to have a level 5 management course?. Thanks.
Hi yes, you can apply to study this qualification to gain management and leadership skills in the health and social care sector.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan?
Dear Alastair, it is not eligible for Advanced Learner Loan.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course accepted by the CQC for the Registered Manager role?
We have another diploma which is called Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care, as per awarding body instructions that may give a route to CQC.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.