Add to basket or enquire
Level 4 Diploma in Water Treatment with official exam
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
The clean water that we get for consumption, industrial usage, irrigation, water recreation and river flow maintenance is processed through water treatment facilities. A water treatment facility is essential in the modern world to improve the quality of water and to remove harmful pathogens from it for a specific end use. This facility uses many equipment, plants and labour and if you too wish to get into this powerful industry, This Diploma in Water Treatment – Level 4 might be the right way to get started.
Comprised with modules that are very easy to understand and learn, this course beautifully presents you with the facts related to water treatment and its importance in processing safe and clean water. The course will also talk about chlorination, chlorination byproducts, waterborne pathogens, waterborne viruses and oxidizing agents.
For a water treatment operator, supervisor or maintainer, knowledge and skills of the various water disinfection methods is critical and this course will offer you that opportunity as well. You will also come across chapters that will enlighten you about the work policies and procedures of water treatment works, so that you can easily improve your marketability within the field.
What is covered in this course?
- Become introduced to water treatment
- Learn about chlorination, and chlorination byproducts
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to lead a team in water treatment works
- Learn about disinfection essentials and the disinfection byproducts
- Gain an understanding of the oxidation chemistry and the oxidising agents
- Understand the work policies and procedures of water treatment works
- Understand about water disinfection methods and waterborne pathogens
- Waterborne Pathogens
- Bacteriological Monitoring
- Waterborne Viruses Introduction
- Chlorination Introduction
- Understanding Disinfection
- Disinfection Rules
- Chlorination By-products
- Sodium Hypochlorite Section
- Calcium Hypochlorite Section
- Oxidizing Agents
- Water Disinfection Methods Review
- Ozone Section
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Water Treatment - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Wastewater Personnel
- Professionals employed in jobs related to chlorination
- Water Treatment Operators
- Environmental Scientists
- Anyone wanting to learn about water treatment works
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Water Treatment Operator - £23,153 per annum
- Environmental Scientist - £26,720 per annum
- Water Resources Operator
- Certified Water Operator
Other jobs you can get
- Water Operator
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.