Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) not included in price & must be purchased separately
- Tutor is available to students
The rationale of the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and care capabilities within the health and social care sector. The qualifications provide a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required in the health and social care sector. Diploma holders may gain employment within the health and social sectors as supervisors or managers with management responsibility or interest. Careers may also develop in the areas of general hospital administration, quality assurance management, health care coordination, or case management.
At the end of the course, a graduate is expected to be able to:
- Investigate theories, research and features of people in the context of health and social care settings.
- Identify significant of places in health and social care sectors.
- Apply different theoretical approaches to health care which are widely applicable to health and social care practice.
- Investigate different ideas that underpin the provision of health and social care in the 21st century.
- Gain skills and knowledge required for effective communications in health and social care organisation.
- Identify ethical consideration for communication in the organisation.
- Identify problems that reduce positive and effective communication in health and social care sector.
- Understand communication strategy with the patient in crisis.
- Identify the importance of communication with the patient with chronic and/or life threating illness.
- Identify the importance of values, ethics and general practice in care organisation.
- Identify quality improvements in health and social care organisation through performance management.
- Appreciate the importance of service delivery models which meets the needs of individuals.
- Know management processes and practice of healthcare projects.
- Identify effective supervision through communication and behaviour in the health and social care organisation.
- Understand code of practice, workforce regulations and models as key principles of supervision.
- Investigate supervisory decision-making process in the care organisation.
Intake: Start Anytime, or 16th April 2018 or 8 May 2018....
The overall structure of the course is based on four modules that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. Each module is equivalent to 30 credits and at the end of the course, learners will be able to achieve 120 credits.
Module 1: Issues in Health and Social Care
This unit aims to explore common issues in health and social care sectors at an intermediate level. Learners will be able to understand theories, research and features of people in the context of health and social care settings in 21st Century.
Module 2: Communication Skills for Health and Social Care Practitioners
The main skill a health or social care worker needs to work effectively is the availability to understand and communicate with others. This course aims to provide skills and knowledge required for effective communications in health and social care organisation.
Module 3: Quality Management in Health Care
Managing quality is a big issue in health and social care industry. By the end of this course, learners will be able to analyse different concepts of quality assurance in relation to health and social care. Moreover, strategies and procedures will be discussed which will help health care professionals to evaluate systems, policies and procedures in health care services to achieve quality systems.
Module 4: Supervisory Role in Health and Social Care Practice
The aim of this unit is to enable health and social care practitioners to learn skills, knowledge and to critically examine the role, function and responsibilities of being an effective supervisor. By the end of this unit, learners will be able to understand effective supervision skills through communication and behaviour in health and social care organisations.
Qualification Credits and Duration
Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management can be achieved in 6 to 12 months and learners will achieve 120 credits.
How will you study
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include only assignments. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of each unit of minimum 1000-1500 words in length to pass the unit and to achieve unit credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete four units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Additional Note – Assessment Fee
Assessment fee for this entire course is £650 (including awarding body registration, results, certificate and transcripts). No Extra Cost.
If you are willing to join this course in April or May intake, we will charge you £500 Assessment fees for this entire course.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful for individuals from all over the world who are already on job for personal and professional development or re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change.
There are no entry requirements for this course. However, we expect learners to have a computer/laptop/tablet to study this course with us.
Learners completing the Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will allow progress to:
- Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- directly into employment in an associated profession
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
So is my understanding correct £775 is the fee from stat to finish with certificate ?
You are right Partj, total cost from the start to end is £795 (all inclusive including 120 credit Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification certificate & transcript) for May intakes.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
is the total fee for applying in april/may 295 + 500 = 795? is there a payment plan available for any part of payment? thanks
Yes you are right. Payment plan is not available at reed. However you can pay £500 in five monthly instalmentsThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi Is the level 5 diploma in health and social care equivalent to degree
Hi, this course is equivalent to the degree level.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
£550 per each assignment or for all 4
This fee is for all assignments & additionally, it also includes diploma & transcript fee too.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
is this qualification relevant/recognised for northern Ireland?
Yes it is relevantThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, to make sure how much is the course fee, £275x2=£550 of which £275 the exam assessment, registration, admin fee. Is that alright?
At Reed, the tuition fee is reduced from £1,150 to £275. This does not include Assessment Fee. The assessment fee is separate from Tuition Fee which includes the awarding body registration, certificate and transcript as well as exam (assignment fee of each unit)- we charge £550 assessment fee.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Why is there an additional assessment fee of £550 added onto the end?
£550 is an exam/assessment (four assignments in this course) fee. It also includes qualification credit certificate & transcript when you pass modules within the qualification structure. Please don’t confuse assessment/exam fee with tuition fee (or discounted tuition fees)This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.