Level 4 Diploma in Fashion Design
**Diploma in Fashion Design Level 4******Endorsed Certificate from Ofqual's regulated Awarding Body***.Looking to break into one of the world’s most exciting, prestigious and potentially-lucrative creative industries? **Fashion Design**. Are you in search of the elusive secret to getting that all-important ‘foot in the door’? Study for Level 4 Diploma in Fashion Designing and the career you’ve always dreamed of could be right at your fingertips!
All over the world, millions dream of one day becoming successful fashion designers. However, those who take the proactive steps necessary to join this incredible industry exist in much smaller numbers. More often than not, what makes the difference is the targeted industry insights and knowledge required to make your voice heard in the first place. Coupled with a genuine passion for style and an insatiable interest in fashion, a recognized fashion design qualification could be your ticket to the big time. Develop the essential skills, talents and confidence it takes to break into the fashion design industry and enjoy a rewarding and lucrative career for life!
This exclusive Level 4 Diploma in Fashion Design has been designed for anyone with an interest in becoming a successful and reputable fashion designer. With no specific experience or education required, course content gradually introduces candidates to the roles and responsibilities of those working within the fashion industry. Whether, looking to join an established brand or establish could make all the difference.
Study today and discover what your own fashion design business from scratch, an internationally-recognized qualification makes the difference between home-hobbyist and professional fashion designer – all with a little help from Oxford Home Study Centre!
Level 4 Diploma in Fashion Design
When studying for Level 4Diploma in Fashion Design with Oxford Home Study Centre, every learner benefits from:
- The opportunity to study in your own time and at your own pace for an internationally-recognized fashion design qualification.
- No deadlines, time limitations or geographical restrictions whatsoever – study from anywhere in the world at a pace that suits you.
- Complete access to all the materials and resources you will need to complete the course – no additional costs and unbeatable value for money.
- The complete commitments of the Oxford Home Study Centre support team, along with your own personally-assigned tutor.
- Transform your passion into a career and explore the inspiring world of the professional fashion designer.
Our most advanced Diploma in Fashion Design has been designed to help candidates take that all-important step from amateur hobbyist to professional fashion designer. Ideally-suited to anyone interested in gaining that essential initial attention and exposure, a series of 11 intensive modules explore the various disciplines, traits and hard-skills the working fashion designer must master. From first-timers with no past experience to existing members of the workforce in pursuit of promotion, targeted study could make all the difference. Likewise, anyone interested in becoming a self-employed fashion designer and establishing their own brand could find the teachings of this course invaluable.
Along with a comprehensive overview of the contemporary fashion industry, candidates explore the history of fashion design, a series of essential design elements and principles, an introduction to sewing and dressmaking skills, fashion sketching, how to work with colours/patterns and so much more besides. The course concludes by guiding learners through the steps required to establish and run a successful fashion design brand.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates take away the most essential industry-specific skills, talents and knowledge including:
- A detailed understanding of the contemporary fashion industry
- How to work with the most important elements and principles of design
- Advanced understanding of colours and patterns in fashion design
- Comprehensive knowledge of each stage of the fashion design process
- Improved sewing and dressmaking skills for practical application
- Professional fashion sketching and presentation skills
- The confidence to begin establishing a new fashion design business
This intensive yet digestible Diploma in Fashion Design is delivered across 11 modules – each concluding with an online assessment to verify your acquired knowledge and competencies. Your assigned tutor will provide you with comprehensive support at all times, in order to assist with your successful completion of each unit.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Fashion Design
- Module 2 - Elements of Design
- Module 3 - Principles of Design
- Module 4 - Dress Designing Essentials
- Module 5 - Colour & Dress Designing
- Module 6 - The Design Process
- Module 7 - Fashion Sketching
- Module 8 - Working with Patterns
- Module 9 - Sewing Basics (i)
- Module 10 - Sewing Basics (ii)
- Module 11 - Running the Fashion Design Business
Who is this course for?
Our fully-accredited Diploma in Fashion Design has been designed for anyone with a genuine interest in becoming a successful fashion designer. From first-time newcomers to existing members of the workforce to entrepreneurs looking to improve their skills and talents, this advanced-level distance learning program could prove invaluable. If looking to transform your hobby into the most rewarding lifelong career imaginable, Oxford Home Study College is here to help!
We specialise in comprehensively flexible and accessible distance learning opportunities – ideal for those with insufficient time to commit to traditional education. Study in your own time and at a pace that suits you for an internationally-recognized qualification. What’s more, you can count on the support of our world-class tutors and the wider Oxford Home Study College team from start to finish.
With no specific prior education or experience required, our courses are open to every candidate with the desire to succeed!
We work hard to keep all of our courses as accessible as possible for all learners. Candidates interested in our advanced Diploma in Fashion Design must meet the following requirements:
- A strong working knowledge of English language
- Aged at least 16-years
- Access to a reliable computer and Internet connection
*Note: This course is offered on special discounted price on REED only and does not include awarding body accreditation charges. At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £95 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
Upon successful completion of our Diploma in Fashion Design, candidates may choose to pursue an extensive range of careers including:
- Head of Design
- Head of Marketing
- Jewellery Designer
- Junior Buyer
- Junior Designer
- Junior Stylist
- Knitwear Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Production Assistant
- Product Developer
- QA Manager
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.