London School of Planning and Management
Add to basket or enquire
The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the cyber security skills required by organisations globally. In doing so, the qualification looks to develop the cyber security team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for that industry.
OfQual Qualification Number: 603/3331/5
What is Ofqual?
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
OfQual has set a range of rules for regulated qualifications, as well as guidance which supports those rules. The body also has set out separate rules for national assessments.
Why choose LSPM?
- Your qualification is recognised and accepted world over.
- Experience online-time study like never before with our purpose built smart learning tools which gives you advantage of studying anytime and anywhere.
- Flexible payment plans, pay fee in easy monthly, quarterly or yearly instalments.
- Fast track mode - attain your qualification in just 6 months !
- Dedicated Tutor Support via live chat.
This qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree programme.
The Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security consists of 5 mandatory units and 1 optional unit for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Cyber Security Threat and Risk (20 credits)
- Network Security and Data Communications (20 credits)
- Database Security and Computer Programming (20 credits)
- Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics (20 credits)
- Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation (20 credits)
Optional (Choose any one unit)
- Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance (20 credits)
- Cyber Wars (20 credits)
- The ability to read and utilise relevant technical and security literature (including threat intelligence feeds) with a full understanding; the ability to think independently and solve potential overarching cyber security issues within a business or organisation
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems in the cyber security and digital risk management domains
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct, including in relation to conducting investigations, audits and incident responses
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of cyber security within business and service provision and wider operating environments and supply chains
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way; engage in credible debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists in relation to cyber security related issues and challenges
- Transferable skills and knowledge – including Project Management and Incident Response – which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
- Motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career
- Instill and embed a sense of understanding and respect of the global nature of the cyber threat environment; as well as the criticality of respecting, anticipating and learning from diverse, international business practices and the global operating context.
Qualifications are different in different countries. However there are some clear stages people move through in education that are common to most countries.
The list below gives an indication of how you can compare qualifications across
- Equivalent to Year 1 of a three year UK Bachelor's degree
- Higher National Certificate (HNC)
Programme is offered in 2 duration modes :
- Accelerated mode (6 months @ £1299)
- Standard mode (9 months @ £999)
Payment Plans for Accelerated mode - 6 Months (GBP £1299)
- Payment option (a): GBP £433 x 3 monthly instalments
- Payment option (b): GBP £1234 x 1 instalment (We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
Payment Plans for Standard mode - 9 Months (GBP £999)
- Payment option (c): GBP £199 x 5 monthly instalments
- Payment option (d): GBP £499 x 2 quarterly instalments
- Payment option (e): GBP £949 x 1 instalment
(We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of Level 3 diploma or GCE/GCSE or any equivalent overseas qualification
In case of no formal education, learners can gain entry on the basis of workexperience.
- Learners having 1 work experience or more are eligible in case of no formal educational qualification.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.