The Diploma in Collection System Operator Level 4 is an excellent course if you want to work as a collection system operator or in a job related to the field. Gain a thorough understanding of the role and responsibilities pertaining to the job. Operators are responsible to ensure the safe and operation and maintenance of water systems.
The course will cover key topics such as wastewater collection rules, pumps and lifts stations and hazards. The water collection operator has hands-on duties and specific tasks. The course will give you a firm understanding of what it means to be a collection system operator and be responsible for water treatment and collection.
The Diploma in Collection System Operator Level 4 is an in-depth course that will also focus on gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, infiltration and capacity. You will also learn about CMOM and NPDE programmes that will gear you up to have a career as a collection system operator.
What Will I Learn?
- Gain insight into wastewater collection by learning about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Understand the hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and pump categories
- Have a thorough understanding of wastewater collection rules and regulations
- Learn about the CMOM programme
- Understand what confined space entry programme, permit, duties and responsibilities are
- Learn about the NPDES programme and its permit
01. Wastewater Collection System Introduction
02. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations
03. Wastewater Collection
05. Pumps And Lift Stations
06. Motor Section
07. Hydrogen Sulfide
09. Other Hazards
10. Lockout - Tagout Training
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection System Operator – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Collection System Operator by ABC Awards and a learner unit summary (which contains the details of the units in your course you have completed). This professional qualification will make you an asset to potential employers and your motivation and commitment to excel your skills will be recognised.
Course Code: QLS-04876
Awarding body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Collection System Operators
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Collection System Manager
- Senior Collection System Operator
- Collection System Director
- Wastewater Operations Manager
- Collection System Maintenance Manager
- Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Specialist
- Water Treatment Operator
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.