The Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance Level 4 will give you a thorough understanding of wastewater collection systems. If you are a water treatment operator or working in the field of wastewater collection the course will equip you with an understanding of the rules and regulations of wastewater.
The course will discuss key features such as gravity sanitary sewers, sewer cleaning, flow monitoring and how to smoke out sewer leaks. Learn the safety rules and regulations for inspection, testing of sewers and repairs.
The Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance Level 4 is an informative course for anyone who wants to have a career in this field. It is a thorough training that will not only focus on wastewater collection but the methods and strategies used to find the right system to solve problems. You will learn the acceptable quality and quantity of water, how to collect it, treat it and discharge it.
What Will I Learn?
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection
- Learn about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection rules and regulations
- Learn about the CMOM programme, along with elements and audits
- Understand the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Programme
- Learn about pre-treatment roles and responsibilities
01. Wastewater Collection System Introduction
02. Understanding Gravity Sanitary Sewers
03. Flow Monitoring
04. Flow Capacity
05. Sewer Cleaning
06. Infiltration And Inflow
07. Dye Testing
08. Manhole Section
09. Closed Circuit Television
10. Smoking Out Sewer Leaks
11. Low Pressure System Description And Operation
13. Grease Interceptors
14. Pumps And Lift Stations Section
15. Hydrogen Sulfide Section
16. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations Section
17. Clean Water Act
19. What Are Sanitary Sewer Overflows
20. Combined Sewer Overflows
21. The Elements Of A Proper Cmom Program
22. Overflow Response Plan
23. Cmom Audits
24. National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
25. Pretreatment Roles And Responsibilities
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance by ABC Awards and a learner unit summary (which contains the details of the units in your course you have completed). This professional qualification will make you an asset to potential employers and your motivation and commitment to excel your skills will be recognised.
Course Code: QLS-04875
Awarding body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Professionals related to wastewater collection
- Collection System Manager
- Water Treatment Operator
- Anyone interested in learning about collection operation and maintenance
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Collection System Manager
- Wastewater Operations Manager
- Collection System Maintenance Manager
- Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Specialist
- Water Treatment Operator – £23,153 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.