Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
If you want to learn more about wastewater collection the Diploma in Collection Construction Level 4 will offer insight into this. Wastewater is systematically collected from homes and businesses and then transported to certain points such as the sanitary sewer. If you have running water in your home it must be connected to a wastewater disposal system. The wastewater is treated and toxins are eliminated before it is releases as surface water.
The proper functioning of collection of wastewater is important to society in general. However, if you want to work as a field engineer or wastewater operator the course will give you a firm understanding of wastewater disposal and treatment.
The Diploma in Collection Construction Level 4 is a comprehensive course that will give you a thorough understanding of wastewater collection, hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and rules and regulations. It is an effective course if you want to cement a career in this field. The qualification will give you the confidence to climb the career ladder.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Gain insight into wastewater collection by learning about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Understand the hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and pump categories
- Gain insight into wastewater collection rules and regulations and the summary of clean water act
- Learn about the CMOM program, along with its elements and audits
- Insight into confined space entry programme, permit and its duties and responsibilities
- Understand the evacuation and trenching with regards to collection construction
01. Wastewater Collection
02. Infiltration And Inflow
04. Pumps And Lift Stations
05. Hydraulic Principles Section
06. General Pumping Fundamentals
07. Motor, Coupling And Bearing Section
08. Hydrogen Sulfide
09. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations
10. The Elements Of A Proper Cmom Program
12. Duties Of The Person Authorizing Or In Charge Of The Entry
13. Other Hazards
14. Respiratory Protection
15. Excavation And Trenching Section
16. Soil Classification And Identification
18. Lockout - Tagout Training
19. Osha Rule Section
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection Construction – Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04874
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Collection construction professionals
- Field Engineer
- Water Engineer
- Anyone interested in learning about collection construction
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Field Engineer – £25,141 per annum
- Wastewater Engineer
- Wastewater Operator
- Wastewater Process Engineer
- Wastewater Collection Design Engineer
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.