Add to basket or enquire
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
The Diploma in Chemical Handling Level 4 will give you an understanding of hazardous chemicals, how to identify them and how to ensure that they are used safely. Chemicals are often used in the workplace, but are they used safely? The course will equip you with the basic understanding on how to avoid injury related to chemicals and illnesses.
We use various forms of chemicals in our everyday lives. And there are many benefits to using chemicals. However, they also have drawbacks particularly when handling them. Chemicals can affect the environment and cause irrevocable damages. If you are handling chemicals you should have a firm understanding on the safety procedures and protocols.
The Diploma in Chemical Handling Level 4 will focus on key topics such as introduction to hazard communication, hazard classification and different types of chemical hazards. If you want to become a chemist or forensic scientist you will find this course highly effective. It is comprehensive and the sound knowledge you will receive will give you the confidence to progress in your career.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Understand what chemical handling is and its importance
- Gain insight into Hazard Communication
- Learn about the Globally Harmonised System
- Learn about the United Nations Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- Learn about GHS Physical Hazards and Pyrophrorics
- Gain insight into The NEW OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Learn about the different types of Chemical Hazards and the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Learn about the Hazard Communication Program Summary Example and the department specific hazard communication
01. Chemical Handling Introduction
02. Hazard Communication Introduction
03. What Is The Globally Harmonized System
04. United Nations Globally Harmonized System
05. How The Ghs Building Blocks By Should Applied
06. Hazard Classification
07. What Are The Ghs Physical Hazards
09. Transport And Emergency Responders
10. The New Osha Hazard Communication Standard
11. Different Types Of Chemical Hazards
12. Laboratory Use Of Hazardous Chemicals Section
13. Laboratory Use Of Hazardous Chemicals Requirements
14. Controlling Chemical Exposures
15. Personal Protection Equipment Section
16. Selection Guidelines For Head Protection
17. Hand Protection
18. Protective Clothing Applications
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Chemical Handling – Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04872
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Forensic Scientists
- professionals who work with chemicals
- Anyone willing to learn how to handle chemicals
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Chemist – £24,938 per annum
- Research Chemist – £29,046 per annum
- Forensic Scientist – £26,970 per annum
- Chemical Engineer – £32,414 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.