Add to basket or enquire
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
The species of pests often cause impact on the day to day activities of people. This is the primary reason pest control is applied, it is in order to control the pests and manage them. Pests can also result in illnesses and diseases. As a result pest control strategies have been recognised and implemented through various means. If you want to learn more about pest control for your vacation, or you work in agriculture and the subject is essential to your work the Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control Level 4 is the ideal course for you.
Pest control goes hand in hand with agriculture. Pests are known to consume agricultural foods every year. Some pests even carry dangerous diseases that can be transmitted through the foods humans consume as their daily diet. The course will raise awareness on pest control and how it plays a significant role in agricultural crops.
The Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control Level 4 is a comprehensive course that focuses on key features such as Ppe, health and safety, insect identification, common pesticide methods and the fundamental introduction to pesticide. Gain a thorough understanding of pest control and how to incorporate methods and strategies in agriculture.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of pest control
- Learn about pesticide controls
- Learn about the agricultural pesticide application
- Gain insight into common pesticide applications and methods
- Have an understanding on the safety and health measures that has to be practiced while incorporating pest control in agriculture
- Insight into EPA and WPS required training
- Learn about beneficial insect identification
- Understand about pests such as honey bees, Africanised honey bees, wasps, cotton insects and other common crop insects and how to control them
01. Pesticide Fundamentals Introduction
02. Agricultural Pesticide Application Information
03. Common Pesticide Applications And Methods
04. Epa Required Training Citation Section
05. Ppe, Safety And Health Section
06. Wps Required Training Section
07. Beneficial Insect Identification
08. Honey Bee Detailed Section
09. Africanized Honey Bee Section
10. Modern European Bee Hive Section
11. Bee Control Section
12. Bee-Related Inspections Section
13. Wasp Identification Section
14. Common Crop Insects And Pesticide Controls
15. Cotton Insect And Related Pest Identification
16. 1 Node Ant Identification And Control Section
17. 2 Node Ant Identification And Control Section
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control – Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04870
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Other professionals related to agricultural pest control
- Anyone willing to learn more about agricultural pest control
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Farmers – £8.57 per hour
- Farm Workers – £8.39 per hour
- Farm Manager – £27,636 per annum
- Pest Control Technician – £18,743 per annum
- Agricultural Pest Controller
- Agricultural Pest Control Specialist
Other jobs you can get
- Pest Control Technician
- Pest Control Advisor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.