Add to basket or enquire
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who would like to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond.
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observation of occupational competence. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role
- Child development and welfare
- Awareness of special educational needs
- Promoting positive behaviour in children and young people
- Providing support for individual learners and small groups
- Developing skills to promote positive working relationships
- Curriculum planning, delivery and assessment
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who currently work as a Teaching Assistant and wish to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond. Developed by Gateway Qualifications with the support of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP), it enhances the assessment process and provides successful learners with a nationally-recognised qualification as evidence of the skills they have gained.
The course provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required when analysing and addressing the different challenges that are faced within the classroom environment. Learners will understand how to work with individuals as well as small groups, in addition to gaining essential insight into supporting pupils with special educational needs (SEN).
- Must be aged 16 or above
- Must be working within a school as a teaching assistant
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
Upon completion of this course learners can apply to become a higher-level teaching assistant. Take on new professional challenges and build a broad range of experience working in a school environment.
Learners may decide to continue studies at Level 5 If they have ambitions to become a teacher. Other opportunities in the education sector include jobs in community work, assessment and coaching.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.