The Level 4 Award (previously V1 award) in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is a 12 credit and 90 guided learning hour qualification consisting of 2 mandatory units. (Identified in the Course Structure.)
This qualification replaces the V1. It is part of the new suite of qualifications for assessors, internal quality assurers (IQA).
The duration of the course depends on each individual learner, the course is completed on-line so there are no deadlines.
The units required within this course are as follows:
Unit 1: Understanding Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment which provides the opportunity to relate underpinning knowledge and understanding to practice of internal quality assurance. Sharing knowledge and experience with peers and colleagues provides an opportunity both to share good practice and to reflect on assessment approaches.
Unit 2: This unit will give you the opportunity to apply the principles and requirements of internal quality assurance to a real working context and identify ways in which to develop and improve your practice.
The range of direct evidence MUST include:
- monitoring of a minimum of TWO assessors
- assessment of a minimum of TWO candidates per assessor
- observation of practice
- examination of products of work
Who is this course for?
This qualification is required for:
- Verifiers involved in National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) for the next three years.
- Those who deliver these qualifications will need to be qualified to meet the requirements of the NVQ Code of Practice and Sector Skills Councils assessment strategies.
- Quality assurance staff who deliver QCF qualifications that use the term ‘NVQ’ in their title will also need these qualifications.
- Some staff, who are quality assuring qualifications within the QCF framework that do not use the term ‘NVQ’ in their titles, but whose purpose is to confirm occupational competence, will need to hold this IQA qualification.
This qualification will be helpful for teachers in schools who deliver vocational qualifications with applied learning, such as BTEC Firsts and Nationals.
Knowledge and understanding in assessing.
Career in education
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.