Add to basket or enquire
Want to make a positive difference in the lives of the people? Try out teaching and guide countless individuals to achieve their individual successes! Bring the best out of them and become the hero they’ve all been waiting for!
We’ve designed our Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification in a way that covers your unique specifications and needs. Our general teaching assistant qualification (RQF) is further improved with the addition of a distinctive SEN course so you can cater to individuals with special needs that may require more care and observation than others.
This Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification is offered and awarded by an Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation called Focus Awards, ensuring that you are capable of demonstrating vital competency and then given acknowledgement from it. You will gain the necessary skills to allow yourself to make a start with a promising teaching career. More so, you will get the chance to claim a certificate for SEN by completing the free SEN course that comes with this qualification.
Enrol now to seize rich opportunities to make a difference in many lives by achieving our nationally accredited certification!
- Qualification Type: Focus Awards Level 3 Award
- Qualification Title: Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours: 80
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification Number (QN): 601/6103/6
Why This Qualification?
- Make promising advancements in your career - Our regulated qualification holds immense value, allowing you to climb up the ladder to success in no time.
- Upgrade your skillset - Gain the skills to become the best in your role and add more value to your current educational profile.
- Enhance credibility - Regulated by Ofqual and awarded by Focus Awards, value is added to your educational profile.
- Make changes to your career - Gain unique knowledge to transform your career.
- Cost-Efficient - With Apex Learning, you can enjoy savings of up to 80% on your educational investment.
**Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools **
To be awarded this qualification, a learner must achieve 12 credits from the following 4 mandatory units.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as Organisations
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- ⇒ Course 01: Education Management
- ⇒ Course 02: Educational Psychology and Development
- ⇒ Course 03: Advanced Teaching Assistant Diploma
- ⇒ Course 04: Special Education Needs (SEN) Training - Level 2
- ⇒ Course 05: EYFS Teaching - Level 3
- ⇒ Course 06: Phonics Teaching Diploma Level 3
- ⇒ Course 07: Leadership in Teaching
- ⇒ Course 08: Lesson Planning for Teaching
- ⇒ Course 09: Remote Teaching Online
- ⇒ Course 10: Classroom Behaviour Management
- ⇒ Course 11: Performance Management
- ⇒ Course 12: Work Area Organisation for Increased Office Productivity
- ⇒ Course 13: Report Writing
- ⇒ Course 14: Domestic Violence and Abuse Awareness - Level 2
- ⇒ Course 15: Child Neglect Awareness Certificate Course
- ⇒ Course 16: Level 3 Mental Health and Adolescent Course
- ⇒ Course 17: Safeguarding Children Level 3
- ⇒ Course 18: Functional Skills English Practice Level 2
- ⇒ Course 19: Train the Trainer
- ⇒ Course 20: Leadership & Management Diploma
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Total Qualification Time
It is an estimate of the total amount of time anticipated that a learner would spend to demonstrate mastery of all learning outcomes to achieve the award of the qualification. The whole qualification time is defined as GLH and an estimate of the time a learner will devote to preparation, study, and assessment. It does not underlie supervision by a lecturer, supervisor, or tutor. In the case of qualification, the credit value is defined by TQT, and one credit corresponds to ten hours of learning. Guided Learning Hours for this qualification is 80.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is 120 hours.
The total credit value for this qualification is 12.
- Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Guided Learning Hours
These hours comprise all real-time contact time, hours of lectures or tutorials or supervision of a learner, tutor, trainer or other education providers.
Method of Assessment
Assessment is done internally and externally assured by Focus Awards. Each learner will create a portfolio of evidence demonstrating achievement of all the learning outcomes and the assessment criteria associated with each unit.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include:
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists on related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Learner product
- Assignments / projects / reports
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Evidence may be drawn from actual or simulated situations where appropriate and permitted by the relevant Sector Skills Council or Sector Skills Body.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Level 3 Award in Teaching Assistant from Focus Awards
You will also get a CPD Accredited SEN Certificate alongside this qualification.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Who is this course for?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (RQF)
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Focus Awards does not set any other entry requirements, but training providers or colleges may have their own guidelines.
After receiving the Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools certification, you would be eligible to function as a competent professional as:
- Senior Teaching Assistant
- Senior Learning Support Assistant
- Senior Special Educational Needs Assistant
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.