Take a seat in the legal sector without the need to be a fully-fledged lawyer or solicitor, by becoming a highly regarded legal secretary who can still make a real difference. The legal support team is an incredibly valuable asset, and by signing up to this intensive Legal Secretary Diploma, you can be a part of this team. From helping lawyers to manage their case loads to providing the essential admin and secretarial support, legal secretaries can demonstrate incredible organisation skills, and with this course, you will be one step closer to proving your worth in the role.
Seventeen Modules, Ten Hours
Split into 17 easy-to-navigate and comprehensive modules, the Legal Secretary Diploma should take, on average, around 10 hours to complete. Each module should take between 15 and 60 minutes to study, and as there are no deadlines you don’t have to worry about sticking to these time constraints – it’s a guideline, so take your time and complete the course to the best of your ability.
Gain the Qualification You Need
Like many job roles, work experience or an associated qualification is essential if you wish to get a foot in the door. Give potential legal sector employers a reason to hire you as a legal secretary by gaining this invaluable certification that can prove your knowledge and skills are up to the challenge.
Accredited by the CPD and IAO.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
If you’re looking to work as a legal secretary, and would like to be part of this fast-paced and challenging sector, this course would be a perfect springboard for you.
- Gain insight into the duties, responsibilities and operations expected of a legal secretary.
- Get to grips with some basic legal proofreading and writing skills. Brush up on your typing and audio skills in order to increase productivity.
- Learn more about the importance of client confidentiality.
- Take a comprehensive look at the English legal system, from court systems and structures to legal aid and who is eligible for it.
- Understand more about civil litigation, wills and probate law.
- Gain insight into how to find legal secretary positions, and how to secure an interview to showcase your abilities.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study online at times that are convenient to you, thanks to the flexible courseware that can be accessed around the clock.
- Final assessment can also be completed online, at a time and location that suits you perfectly.
- Compatible with a range of devices and platforms, so you can learn on the go as well as at home.
- Modules are broken down into manageable chunks, so you don’t need to feel overwhelmed with information at any time.
- Begin your career in the legal sector, and fast track your way to becoming a qualified legal secretary, by polishing and honing your skills.
- Build your confidence and bag a job you’ve been dreaming of, by learning how to look for legal secretary positions and how to secure those essential interviews.
Embark on a rewarding and challenging career in the legal sector by becoming a qualified legal secretary – take the first step, now!
- Units of Study
General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
Legal Writing and Proofreading Skills
Client Confidentiality in Law Firms
The English Legal System
Court Systems and Structures
Land and Conveyancing Practice
Wills and Probate Law Practice
Company and Business Law
Appeals, Judicial Review and Case Stated
Skills for Success
Finding Employment as a Legal Secretary
Glossary of Legal Terms
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.