Staff Skills Training
Level 3 Legal Secretary Certification
Working in the legal sector doesn't require you to be a lawyer. Legal secretaries provide essential support to solicitors, assisting them to manage their case load, organise their diaries and organise their offices. This work often includes contact with clients.
The legal secretary certificate programme entails 15 hours of study, which will give you the tools, skills and knowledge necessary, in order to apply for a secretarial position in a legal firm or upgrade your team members’ existing skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded an industry-recognised certificate. Potential employers can verify your certificate on our website.
** Learn in confidence **
Our online training business has won 7 awards including the prestigious Natwest Entrepreneur of the Year accolade. We have also been featured on/in the BBC and the Guardian for our services to online education
What’s Covered in the Course?
The legal secretary certificate provides you with essential information and advice, to ensure that you are productive in this role within any legal firm. Some of the aspects that you can expect to learn when taking the course online include:
- The role of the legal secretary: what you will be expected to do and the general duties;
- The practice of basic legal proofreading and report writing skills;
- The importance of client confidentiality;
- Knowledge of the English legal system;
- The various court systems and structures;
- An understanding of legal aid and who is eligible for this benefit;
- Civil litigation;
- Improved word processing and audio (listening) skills;
- A working knowledge of wills and probate law, land and conveyancing practice, enabling you to be more involved and provide your team with the best possible support;
- Family law, criminal law, company and business law and licensing laws;
- Appeals, judicial reviews and case stated;
- A glossary of legal terms;
- Advice on how to find legal secretary positions and prepare for an interview.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- The course is online, conducted at your own pace and broken down into easy-to-manage modules, using any device linked to the internet;
- Students have lifetime access to the modules, should they need to refresh their knowledge at a later date;
- The ability to fast-track your career and develop the skills you need, in order to secure your preferred job or enhance the skills of existing employees;
- Work full-time, while you complete your studies and increase your qualifications;
- Secure an industry-recognised certification;
- No entrance requirements;
- Online support throughout your study experience;
- Affordable price.
Module 1: General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
Module 2: Legal Writing and Proofreading Skills
Module 3: Client Confidentiality in Law Firms
Module 4: The English Legal System
Module 5: Court Systems and Structures
Module 6: Legal Aid
Module 7: Civil Litigation
Module 8: Land and Conveyancing Practice
Module 9: Wills and Probate Law Practice
Module 10: Family Law
Module 11: Criminal Law
Module 12: Company and Business Law
Module 13: Licensing
Module 14: Appeals, Judicial Review and Case Stated
Module 15: Skills for Success
Module 16: Finding Employment as a Legal Secretary
Module 17: Glossary of Legal Terms
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.