Location & dates
Sports Massage incorporates many skills including individual client assessment, massage, soft tissue techniques and post-treatment advice to manage and rehabilitate the various soft tissues of the body.
It provides multiple benefits for your clients, whether to alleviate aches and pains or simply to ease the stresses of modern day life! Treatments can be carried out for pre, post and inter-event, maintenance and restorative purposes using a range of massage techniques. This course will enable you to become a sports massage therapist and the course will allow you to understand the effect and benefits of massage to assist in dealing with injury and training requirements.
- This course is worth 20 REPs points.
Learn Now, Pay Later
Readily available government funding or flexible payment options, contact us for a range of funded personal trainer courses. Just talk to one of our enrolment team to discuss your options and change your life today.
- Classroom-Based Weekend or Weekend dates available (Essex Only – David Lloyd Gidea Park, Romford)
What Units Will I study?
- (Unit 1) Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
- (Unit 2) Principles of Health and Fitness
- (Unit 3) Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- (Unit 4) Professional practice in Sports Massage
- (Unit 5) Sports Massage Treatments
- Multiple choice exam
- Practical exam
Course Structure, Resources, and Clothing
- This course is based on a part-time, blended learning method which means you work from home then come to class for your practical sessions.
- You must attend ALL practical sessions so please ensure you don't have any prior commitments before enrolling.
You will be given a course manual to take home with you, with homework being set each week. You will be expected to hand in your coursework on the day your tutor sets you throughout the course.
You will be given 2 UK Sports Training t-shirts to wear in the classroom but you are expected to wear clothing suitable for being massaged in whilst practicing on each other (shorts, vests, crop tops etc).
You are required to provide your own towels and we recommend bringing in 3 large towels. These will get messy so make sure they're not your finest!
- Massage couches, couch roll, oils, and pillows are all provided.
We aim to raise standards in the health and fitness industry by maintaining quality teaching and learning methods. By also offering competitive pricing and excellent post course employment rates.
No prior experience or qualifications.
We are able to beat any other courses fee on a like for like basis, also we offer 0% finance on our flexible payment plans and no credit checks are required.
- We also have a Pass Protection Policy enabling you to resit your exam in the unlikely event you fail.
Successful achievement of this qualification will allow the therapist to gain employment within an organisation or on a freelance basis.
Or if you wish to further develop your massage skills, enrol on our Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.