Dynamo Concise Training Limited
Add to basket or enquire
The Level 3 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People course covers how to safeguard and protect children, young people and practitioners in the workplace. Also this course details how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused.
Child protection is a crucial aspect of any working role involving children.
This course is held at our training centre on a monthly basis. We also deliver this training at your workplace for groups of learners.
What does the training syllabus include?
This course has 2 main units which will be covered in full during the training
1)Understand how to safeguard and protect children, young people or vulnerable adults in the workplace
- Identify key elements of the law on safeguarding for children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Describe how practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Describe ways in which concerns can be reported for children, young people and vulnerable adults
2) Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child, young person or vulnerable adult has been abused
- Describe the characteristics of different types of abuse concerning children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Explain actions to take in response to evidence of abuse according to agreed ways of working
- Describe how to respond to disclosures of abuse according to agreed ways of working
- Identify those people who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
How this course is assessed
The qualification is assessed by written assessment.
A learner must successfully pass the written assessment to achieve the qualification. There is no grading of the assessment; learners pass or are referred
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People is suitable for learners working, or who wish to work, with children and young people in the supporting of Child Protection. This includes:
- Nursery staff
- Care workers
This course is also suitable for those in voluntary or unpaid positions.
- The qualification is available to learners aged 18 or over.
- It is recommended that learners should hold a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent to undertake this qualification
- Please be aware that some of the topics covered on this course can be distressing.
This course applies to all industries and roles where children may be involved. It is crucial to ensure that younger and more vulnerable people are protected.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.