Skills North East
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to: Provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
Why Choose this course?
This course is specifically designed for those wishing to pursue a career in
sports massage with healthy adults.
Completing this course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills
to be able to:
- Assess clients and construct a sports massage treatment plan
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Understand how to determine the appropriate techniques for specific clients
- Apply a range of sports massage techniques and understand their effects on the body.
Who is this course for?
This course is anyone who wishes to deliver Sports Massage Therapy in a professional capacity.
There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
Progression Routes / Up-Skill opportunities:
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Routes into fitness instructing;
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.