Cambridge Management and Leadership School Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Level 3 Diploma in Introduction to Health and Social Care is offered by Cambridge Management and Leadership to develop an understanding of what it is like to work in health and social care, including the responsibilities relating to maintaining the health and safety of and safeguarding the rights of individuals in their care. They will understand the need to always be aware of issues around data protection, confidentiality and possibilities for discriminatory practice.
Learners will come to understand the role of regulatory bodies and their impact on those work in the health and social care sector as well as the monitoring processes in place to ensure the delivery of high-quality care.
Learners will begin to examine the different professionals who may be involved in the delivery of care to an individual, what their roles are and how and where these services are delivered. Learners will also examine potential barriers to inter-professional working and the sharing of information and the effect this can have on the individual receiving care.
Learners must cover the following topics:
Understand the main roles and responsibilities of health and social care workers when delivering care:
• What are their organisation’s policies and procedures?
• Importance of providing dignified personal care
• How to assess needs of individuals and joint care planning with individual and family
• How to encourage independence
• Promoting anti-discriminatory practices
• Empowering individuals
• How do we ensure safety for both clients and staff?
• Ensuring confidentiality and data protection, codes of practice and legislation.
Understand the roles of regulatory and professional bodies in relation to the delivery of high-quality care.
• Care Quality Commission (CQC), National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and what they do
• Professional body regulation, e.g. NMC, HCPC etc. and how they work
• The organisation’s role in helping their employees meet standards, implementing codes of practice, CPD etc.
Evaluate the role and responsibilities of the inter-professional team in delivering health and social care:
• What is the difference between inter-professional and multidisciplinary teams?
• Why do we need inter-professional working and what are the benefits for individuals receiving care?
• Barriers to inter-professional working and how can they be overcome
• Involving everyone in care decisions, the holistic approach to care delivery
• Learners must be exposed to the relevant legislation/ resources covering these topic areas.
Each unit is assessed through an assignment.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online. After login to your online learning portal, you will study in a structured way - read books/resources online and write you assignments with full study support to complete the whole qualification.
Results and Certificate
Learners will complete only one unit and number of topics. At the end of the course you will achieve credits that can be counted towards the similar level higher credits qualification. You will achieve a Certificate of Achievement to confirm your achievement.
NOTE: Assessment Cost
Learners will pay £75 accreditation fees at the beginning of the course that is not included in the Reed courses. That cost include assessment, marking, and certification.
Who is this course for?
This course is for someone who is new to the health and social care, or want to study for continuing professional development (CPD) or to progress to higher level course in the same subject area.
There are no entry requirement, anyone can join.
Learners will have to pay assessment cost.
The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their care capabilities within the health and social care sector. The primary areas of employment are social worker, health care assistant, charity, health administrator etc. You will also progress to Level 3 or Level 4 qualification.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.