Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Mental health like any other medical condition is something that can be treated. There are new methods to treat mental health. Mental health is important for the overall health of a person. The Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care Level 3 will give learners an understanding of mental health, mental health practice and care, stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health and mental distress.
The course will focus on key topics such as mental wellbeing, promoting mental wellbeing, mental health problems and interventions and the principles for implementing mental health care. Mental health problems can reduce the quality of life, therefore, it is important to understand how it can be treated.
Not everyone who studies this course might have a need for it in their lives. However, there might come a time that your loved one needs help. You can also seek professional help in such situations. The Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care Level 3 is also ideal for individuals who want to have a career in this field and become a mental health worker or social worker. Acquire a sound knowledge in the principles, policies and framework of mental health care and take your career to the next level.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Learn about the legal, policy and service framework in mental health
- Understand mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Learn about the key strategies that promote mental wellbeing
- Gain an insight into the mental health problems
- Get an understanding of the mental health interventions
- Learn about risk management and the importance of it in mental healthcare
- Understand the key principles and values that underpin risk management
Module 1: The legal, policy and service framework in mental health
- Mental health legislation in the UK
- How legislation relates to mental health care
- National policy initiatives that are relevant to mental health 4 How policy initiatives improve service
- Legislation relating to Carers
- The framework of national mental health service provision
- The roles and responsibilities of agencies involved in mental health care 8 The roles and responsibilities of mental health workers
- The contribution of Carers to people with mental health problems
- How and why Carers and informal supporters should be involved in service delivery 11 The rights and responsibilities of people with mental health problems
- Why workers should challenge discrimination against people with mental health problems
- The role of independent advocacy in promoting the rights of people with mental health problems
- The role of independent advocacy in promoting the rights of Carers and those giving informal support
Module 2: Understanding principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Duty of care in a work role
- How duty of care contributes to safeguarding and protection
- Potential conflicts or dilemmas that can arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- How to manage risks associated with conflicts between an individual’s rights and the duty of care
- Agreed procedures for handling complaints
Module 3: Mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Views on the nature of mental wellbeing and mental health
- Factors that may influence mental problems
- How risk factors influence levels of resilience
- Steps that an individual may take to promote mental well being
- How to support an individual in promoting their mental well being
- Strategies for supporting an individual in promoting their mental wellbeing
Module 4: KEY STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE MENTAL WELLBEING
- Key strategies to promote mental wellbeing
- Local, national and international strategy to promote mental Wellbeing
Module 5: Mental Health Problems
- The main forms of mental ill health
- The key strengths and limitation of the psychiatric classification system
- Alternative frameworks for understanding mental distress
- How mental ill health may be indicated through an individual’s emotions, thinking and behavior
- How individuals experience discrimination due to stereotypes about mental ill health
- How mental ill health has an impact on an individual
- How mental ill health has an impact on families and social networks
- The benefits of early intervention
Module 6: Mental health interventions
- Key principles for working with an individual to identify their needs
- The range, complexity and inter-related nature of different needs
- How diversity and difference may influence the identification of needs
- Arguments for and against the main physical interventions
- The strengths and limitations of other interventions
- The strengths and limitations of the main forms of service interventions in mental health
- How an individual may access a range of intervention options
- Barriers that an individual may face in accessing a range of interventions
- The key principles and factors that underpin the choice of mental health interventions
- The importance of applying key principles in selecting interventions
Module 7: Care and support planning and risk management in mental health
- Working within the care and support planning process
- Tasks, key values and principles associated with each stage of the care and support planning process
- How to enable a service user to take a full and active part in the care planning process
- How to enable carers and family members to take an effective part in the care planning process
- Why and how agencies work together
- Differences or conflicts that may occur in the care planning process
- How to keep effective, accurate and concise records
Module 8: Key Principles and Values That Underpin Risk Management
- Key principles and values that underpin risk management
- Working together within the risk management process
- How to involve carers and family members effectively
- Risk factors that should be considered during risk assessments
- The role of suicide reduction strategies
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04839
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals in the mental health care industry
- Job seekers
- Anyone willing to learn about mental health care
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Mental health worker
- Social worker
- Mental healthcare assistant
- Registered nurse
Other jobs you can get
- General physician
- Behavior analyst
- Mental health Counsellor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does the successful completion of this course provide a recognised qualification?
Yes, Kindly note that Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded Level 3 Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care by ABC Awards. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I am an Allied Health student in Australia . I have a great interest in Mental Health. Would this course be suitable for me?
Dear Larisa Thank you very much for your query. Yes its is. The Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care Level 3 is also ideal for individuals who want to have a career in this field and become a mental health worker or social worker. Acquire a sound knowledge in the principles, policies and framework of mental health care and take your career to the next level. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the course format? Is it multiple choice or essay structure?
Dear Sir/Ma'am Thank you very much for your query.This is an online course. In order to complete the Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Hurry up and enroll as the discount ends soon. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.