Add to basket or enquire
Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant - Support Learning Activities
This course is endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme.
Stand the chance to get a free Level 3 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Support Learning Activities – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course is designed who are interested in working within a school setting and want to play the role of a learning support assistant. It is the perfect course that offers comprehensive knowledge on how to support teaching effectively. A teaching assistant’s role is diverse and not limited to playing the supporting role all of the time. Additionally, a teaching assistant will be responsible for a range of tasks that include creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, assisting children with their daily activities, educating children on trips and outings and performing general duties.
Support Learning Activities – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course is suitable for individuals who are beginning or relatively new to teaching support. The course will discuss key topics such as how to support learning activities, how to contribute to the teacher’s planning, ensure the environment meets health and safety requirements and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own learning.
Support Learning Activities – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course will prepare individuals to support the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum, help children and young people develop their self-esteem and educate children to become confident. The course will develop technical and professional skills and an understanding of how to reinforce positive relationships within a school setting.
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality License Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA /Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Pearson BTEC - Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Course Only)
- Teaching Assistant - Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety
- Teaching Assistant - Child and Young Individual Development
- Teaching Assistant - Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Teaching Assistant - Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Children and Young individual’s Positive Behaviour
- Teaching Assistant - Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
- Teaching Assistant - Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Working in Schools Environment
- Teaching Assistant - Assessment for Learning
- Teaching Assistant - Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
What is covered in this course?
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of support learning and how to positively contribute to learning activities.
- Have a good understanding on the curriculum and contribute to the teacher’s planning.
- Offer constructive suggestions to support learning activities.
- Learn how to apply skills to monitor learner’s response in learning activities.
- Record observations and assessments of the learner’s participation.
- Learn about school policies, laws and welfare on supporting children in the United Kingdom.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
Explain how a learning support practitioner may contribute to
- The planning, delivery and review of learning activities
- Resilience Challenge
Evaluate own strengths and weaknesses in relation to supporting learning activities and how these may impact on the support that can be provided
- Teamwork Challenge
- Reflective practice as a retrospective evaluation
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses prior to lessons
Use knowledge of the learners and curriculum to contribute to the teacher’s planning
Offer constructive suggestions for own role in supporting planned learning activities.
- Bring your own experiences to the lessons
- Use learning resources effectively
- Provide positive feedback to pupils
- Know when to ask for help
Identify and obtain the information required to support learning activities
- Relevant school curriculum and expectations of pupils related to their age
- Teaching and learning objectives
- What learning resources may be needed
- Understand your own role in supporting learning activities
- Children with additional needs
Select and prepare the resources required for the planned learning activities
- Written materials
Develop and adapt resources to meet the needs of learners
- Specialist resources
- Adapting resources
- Developing resource adaptations
Ensure the learning environment meets relevant health, safety, security and access requirements
- Health and safety
- Security factors
- Access considerations
Select and demonstrate learning support strategies to meet the needs of learners
- Positive learning environments
- Helping learners use resources and modifying or adapting activities
- Assisting shy or reticent pupils and prompting them to ask questions and check their understanding
- Modelling correct language use, vocabulary, and translating words or phrases as you go
- Making sure that learners understand what is needed throughout the tasks
- Reminding pupils of specific teaching points
- Managing behaviour in a healthy way
- Encouraging teamwork
- Encouraging learning, paying attention to individuals, and reassurance as needed
Explain how social organisation and relationships may affect the learning process
- The ways learners are grouped
- The way the group develops
- The way individuals relate within groups
- The way adults interact with pupils
Give attention to learners in a way that balances the needs of individuals and the group as a whole
- Clarity of expectations
- Communicate clearly and positively
- Find the rewards
- Helping those who need it
Demonstrate ways of encouraging learners to take responsibility for their own learning
- Respect and engage the pupils
- Assessment and evaluation can be motivational
Demonstrate ways of supporting learners to develop:
- Literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- ICT skills
- Problem solving skills
Explain the sorts of problems that might occur when supporting learning activities and how to deal with these
- Issues with learning resources
- Problems with learning activities
- Unsuitable learning environment
- Problems with assessments
- Learner difficulties
Apply skills and techniques for monitoring learners’ response to learning activities
- Talking about individuals' progress with the teacher
- Taking notes during the lesson
- Actively stimulating situations that enable effective monitoring
Assess how well learners are participating in activities and the progress they are making
- Reasons for a lack of participation
- Reasons for a lack of progress
Record observations and assessments of learner participation and progress in the required format
- Straightforward, task-driven assessments
- Varied, interactive activities, including role play and reading out loud
- Ensuring that you do not affect the assessment
Explain the importance of evaluating learning activities
Use the outcomes of observations and assessments to
- Provide feedback to learners on progress made
- Provide the teacher with constructive feedback on the learning activities
- Provide the teacher with feedback on learners’ participation and progress
- Reflect on and improve own practice in supporting learning activities
Evaluate how own knowledge, understanding and skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT impact on practice
- Evaluate as you go (ahead of time)
- Evaluating impact
- Measuring your own abilities
Develop a plan for improving own knowledge, understanding and skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT
- Always communicate with your manager around training issues
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete Support Learning Activities – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from The Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04858
The Quality License Scheme has long-established reputation for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. The Quality License Scheme has over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, The Quality License Scheme also offers regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for learning support staff like teaching assistants and learning support assistants. They will contribute to learning activities while working alongside a classroom teacher.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Assistant – Support Learning Activities by The Quality License Scheme. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I was just wondering the overall cost
Dear Mia Thank you very much for your query. Initial payment is £29, Additionally, £149 is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments. So the total cost is £178. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
The addition charger to send assignment is £149 .how much is if you pay monthly instalments?
Dear Baljit, Thank you for your query. Additionally, £89 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments. Regards, Student support teamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does this course have exam or assignment at the end of it.does it have any extra cost. Can this qualification help you get job in school
Dear Baljt, Thank you for your query. All students are required to complete a series of assignments . Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only. This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised. Regards, Student support teamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.