The Derbyshire Network
This Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools This qualification will provide an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
It includes learning about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare, and communication.
This qualification provides you with the core knowledge and skills needed to work in an unsupervised support role with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
You will need to complete 11 mandatory units to achieve this qualification, which include:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people • Support assessment for learning
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
Completion of this qualification is achieved through a combination of classroom based learning, distance learning and experience in the workplace.
All the units within this qualification are vocationally based, directly helping you gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in an unsupervised support role within a school setting.
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 Certificate is suitable for those working in unsupervised roles that support pupils’ learning.
You should be 19 years old or over and resident in England.
Learners taking the Certificate will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills
What types of role can I apply for on completion?
- Senior Teaching Assistant
- Senior Learning Support Assistant
- Senior Special Educational Needs Assistant
What related qualification can I progress to?
Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.