The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who wish to work with children in a school environment but do not wish to become a teacher, (perhaps because of the large work commitment involved with the teaching role.)
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observation of occupational competence. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Support learning activities
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who wish to work in a school in a separate role to the teacher. Teaching Assistants, also known as Classroom Assistants or Learning Support, are people who help the teacher within the classroom by supporting groups of children with English, Maths and other subjects. They may also carry out work with smaller groups or individual children outside of the classroom under the direction of the teacher, with the aim of providing extra support for those children who may struggle to keep up with the rest of the class.
Teaching Assistants can also sometimes work on a one-to-one basis with children who have Special Educational Needs, delivering a programme of work designed by the teacher and tailored especially for that particular child.
- Must be aged 16 or above
- Must have a confirmed placement in a school that will last for the duration of the course (12 months)
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
This qualification provides the opportunity for learners to enhance their CPD and will contribute towards developing a career within the education and training sector, focusing on supporting teaching and learning in schools.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.