Add to basket or enquire
The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who wish to work with children in a school environment but do not wish to become a teacher, (perhaps because of the large work commitment involved with the teaching role.)
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observation of occupational competence. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Support learning activities
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Support team – You will receive live support throughout the duration of your course. Our amazing Support Team are available around the clock through our support system, just submit a ticket with your query and we will provide a same day response!
- Knowledge base – Learners are provided with access to our Knowledge Base system, which is full of useful videos, articles, and documents to assist you throughout the course.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 5 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who wish to work in a school in a separate role to the teacher. Teaching Assistants, also known as Classroom Assistants or Learning Support, are people who help the teacher within the classroom by supporting groups of children with English, Maths and other subjects. They may also carry out work with smaller groups or individual children outside of the classroom under the direction of the teacher, with the aim of providing extra support for those children who may struggle to keep up with the rest of the class.
Teaching Assistants can also sometimes work on a one-to-one basis with children who have Special Educational Needs, delivering a programme of work designed by the teacher and tailored especially for that particular child.
- Must be aged 16 or above
- Must have a confirmed placement in a school that will last for the duration of the course (12 months)
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
This qualification provides the opportunity for learners to enhance their CPD and will contribute towards developing a career within the education and training sector, focusing on supporting teaching and learning in schools.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many credits have this course?Answer:
Hi Debora, the course is worth 32 credits.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
hi,can i pay advance first and rest pay by direct debit each monthAnswer:
Hi Raman, unfortunately a payment is not available through Reed.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.