Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today, with this number expected to rise to over one million by 2025. The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia.
Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF)
It allows learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects. Learners will gain an understanding of the types of dementia, the importance of early diagnosis and the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support.
- Understanding dementia
- How person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- The administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone currently working in Health and Social Care or people who want to develop their understanding of Dementia.
From 1st April 2021, anyone aged 24+ who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or 2 full A levels, will be able to sign up to a fully-funded course.
This course can lead to roles in Care and is useful for professionals that work closely with Dementia patients.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.