The Derbyshire Network
This qualification is designed to support a role in the workplace such as lead adult care workers and lead personal assistants and forms the competence requirements for those learners working in adult care settings at level 3.
The content of the qualification covers core content that applies to the adult social care sector with a variety of optional units covering additional knowledge and skills applicable to learners in level 3 roles. Learners may also wish to select units in leadership skills and/or knowledge as part of this qualification.
This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills essential to the health and social care sector, and supports progression to further learning at Level 4 and above, Higher Education and the workplace.
You will need to complete 9 mandatory units to achieve this qualification. The mandatory units are:
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed to support learners in the workplace such as lead adult care workers and lead personal assistants looking to build upon their existing knowledge and skills.
Our only requirement is that you should be 19 years old or over and resident in England.
What types of role can I apply for on completion?
This qualification will support progression into a range of job roles in the health and social care sector, including:
- Care Support Workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare Assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
What related qualification can I progress to?
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.