Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant - Children and Young individual’s Positive Behaviour
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Stand the chance to get a free Level 3 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Children and Young Individual’s Positive Behaviour – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is designed to acquire an understanding of how to promote the positive behaviour of children and young individuals. The course will give individuals an understanding of how to work with children and young people, identify their goals, understand their boundaries and work in partnership to implement them.
Children and Young Individual’s Positive Behaviour – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 will educate individuals to support children and young people to develop positive behaviour and understand and manage their behavioural patterns.
Children and Young Individual’s Positive Behaviour – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course will cover key features on active participation where children or young people find it difficult to express their preferences, advocate for them to represent their best interests and communicate effectively to children and young people.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA /Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Pearson BTEC - Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Course Only)
- Teaching Assistant - Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety
- Teaching Assistant - Child and Young Individual Development
- Teaching Assistant - Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Teaching Assistant - Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Support Learning Activities
- Teaching Assistant - Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
- Teaching Assistant - Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Working in Schools Environment
- Teaching Assistant - Assessment for Learning
- Teaching Assistant - Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
- Diploma in Teaching Assistant – Level 4
What Will I Learn?
- Learn to establish goals by working with children and young people to promote positive behaviour.
- Learn to support the implementation of goals of children and young people.
- Educate children and young people on how to manage their behaviour.
- Identify the benefits of promoting positive behaviour in children and young people.
- Learn how to be supportive in responses when dealing with children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Learn how to strategise on how to minimise disruptive behaviour in children and young people.
- Be an effective role model on the behaviours expected of children and young people.
- Learn how to apply rules and boundaries that are consistent to the age and needs of children and young people.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
Summarise the policies and procedures of the setting relevant to promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Promoting desired behaviour
- School rules and codes of conduct
- Discouraging undesirable behaviour
- Preventing bullying
- Conflict resolution
Evaluate how the policies and procedures of the setting support children and young people to:
- Feel safe
- Make a positive contribution
- Develop social and emotional skills
- Understand expectations and limits
Explain the benefits of all staff consistently and fairly applying boundaries and rules for children and young people’s behaviour in accordance with the policies and procedures of the setting
- Better response from children
- All staff should be equally respected
Explain the benefits of actively promoting positive aspects of behaviour
- Create a positive learning environment for all
- Improve self-esteem and self-worth
- Promotes independence and responsibility
Demonstrate ways of establishing ground rules with children and young people which underpin appropriate behaviour and respect for others
- Class discussion
- Role play and drama
- Group and pair work to improve cooperation
- Telling stories and discussing the moral of the story afterwards
- Provide opportunities for children to take responsibilities
- Modelling behaviour
Demonstrate strategies for promoting positive behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting
- Fairness at all times
- Clarity in every way
- Use reward systems
- Engagement opportunities
- Modelling best behaviour
Demonstrate realistic, consistent and supportive responses to children and young people’s behaviour
- Realistic responses
- Consistent responses
- Supportive responses
Provide an effective role model for the standards of behaviour expected of children, young people and adults within the setting
- Be fair and reasonable at all times
- Establish rules and boundaries
- Always say what you mean
- Demonstrate respect for children's ideas
Demonstrate strategies for minimising disruption through inappropriate behaviour of children and young people
- Preventative measures
- Non-verbal behaviour management
Demonstrate strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting
- Types of strategy listed in policies and procedures
- Teaching moments linked to conflict
- Triggered behaviour
- Ongoing challenging or inappropriate behaviour
Apply rules and boundaries consistently and fairly, according to the age, needs and abilities of children and young people
Provide support for colleagues to deal with inappropriate behaviour of children and young people
- Immediate response
Explain the sorts of behaviour or discipline problems that should be referred to others and to whom these should be referred
- Behaviour and discipline problems
- Situations where a child is harming others or putting others in danger
- Situations that involve bullying
- Support from other areas of school
- Support from other professionals
Recognise patterns and triggers which may lead to inappropriate behavioural responses and take action to pre-empt, divert or diffuse potential flash points
- Questions to help you recognise patterns and triggers
- Possible action you can take
Use agreed strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting
- Strategies for responding to challenging behaviour
- Restraint, pupil containment and use of reasonable force
Assess and manage risks to own and others’ safety when dealing with challenging behaviour
- Assessing risk during challenging behaviour
- Reflection in practice during an incident of challenging behaviour
Support children, young people and colleagues to identify the situations and circumstances which trigger inappropriate behavioural responses and ways of avoiding these from happening
- Recording situations
- Supporting children who present inappropriate behaviour
- Supporting others to manage inappropriate behaviour
Demonstrate ways of supporting children and young people with behavioural difficulties to identify and agree behaviour targets
Use own knowledge of promoting positive behaviour to contribute to reviews of behaviour policies, including bullying, attendance and the effectiveness of rewards and sanctions
Provide clear and considered feedback on the effectiveness of behaviour management strategies to inform policy review and development
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete Children and Young Individual’s Positive Behaviour – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04853
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for support staff like teaching assistants and learning support assistants to aid in promoting positive behaviour in children and young individuals.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
- Teaching Assistant – £12,201 per annum
- Classroom Assistant
- Welfare Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Coach
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, I’m a bit confused as the title describes this as a level 3 course however the description says level 2? And is this a recognised qualification?
Dear Louise Thank you for your query. This is a level 3 course. At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.Which is endorsed by ABC Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. The offer ends day after tomorrow, so hurry up and get the discount. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi Is their an exam associated with this course??
Kindly note that those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Assistant – Children and Young Individual’s Positive Behaviour by ABC Awards. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, I'm an experienced behaviour therapist and would love to have this certificate. Please how can I go about it. Thank you.
Kindly purchase the course first and you will get the login details within 48 hours.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.