Add to basket or enquire
Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant - Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Stand the chance to get a free Level 3 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Children and young individual’s health and safety are a priority, particularly if you are a teaching assistant and work in a learning environment. When taking into account the health and safety of children and young people, families and colleagues, Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course will give learners a comprehensive understanding of how to plan their health and safety in any environment. The teaching assistant plays a vital role and will demonstrate their knowledge potential hazards to the health and safety of children and young people.
Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course is designed to enable individuals to undertake health and safety legislation, policies and procedures and why it is important to demonstrate their ability to deal with it.
Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course will discuss key topics at length such as how to monitor and review health and safety risk assessments, how to support children and young people to manage risks and why it is important to explain the rights and choices of children and young people in the context of health and safety.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA /Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Pearson BTEC - Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Course Only)
- Teaching Assistant - Child and Young Individual Development
- Teaching Assistant - Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Teaching Assistant - Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Support Learning Activities
- Teaching Assistant - Children and Young individual’s Positive Behaviour
- Teaching Assistant - Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
- Teaching Assistant - Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young Individuals
- Teaching Assistant - Working in Schools Environment
- Teaching Assistant - Assessment for Learning
- Teaching Assistant - Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young Individuals and Adults
- Diploma in Teaching Assistant – Level 4
What is covered in this course?
- Have a clear understanding of health and safety in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Identify potential hazards to the health and safety of children, young people and families.
- Understand why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management.
- Identify different student behaviours and learn how to tackle them.
- Learn the policies and procedures in response to incidents, accidents and emergencies.
- Learn the correct procedures for recording and reporting incidents and accidents.
Course Curriculum: Level 3 Certificate in Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety
Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services.
- Duty of care
- Safety equipment
- Individual needs and risks
- Sensory impairments and children being children
- Age and abilities
Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
- Digital Skills Challenge
- Plagiarism Punishment
- Why Is Plagiarism Wrong?
- Policies and procedures
- Designated health and safety officer
- Everyone's responsibility
Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services
- Common sense measures
- Training and responsibilities
- Legal action
- Other legislation
Explain how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in own work setting or service
- Challenge point 2
- Rejection by society
- Peer pressure/status seeking
- Personal grievance
- Romance/family complications
- Health and safety policies
- Personal responsibilities of staff
- Safe use of equipment and use of safety equipment
Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues
- Risk assessments
- Identifying hazards
- Physical hazards
- Fire precautions
- Security hazards
- Hygiene and food safety
- Personal safety
Module 6Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting or in off site visits
- Physical hazards
- Fire hazards
- Security hazards and personal safety
- Hygiene and food safety hazards
Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk
- Undertaking a risk assessment
- Visiting a theatre - potential hazards
- Visiting a theatre - mitigating the risks
Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
- Monitoring risk assessments
- Reviewing risk assessments
- Responsibility around risk assessing
Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management
- Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management
Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements
- The rights of the child
- Health and safety requirements
Give example from own practice of supporting children or young people to assess and manage risk
- Give example from own practice of supporting children or young people to assess and manage risk
Explain the policies and procedures of the setting or service in response to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness
- Accidents involving children, young people and adults
- Incidents of any kind
- Emergencies of any kind
- Dealing with illnesses
Identify the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, signs of illness and other emergencies
- The importance of policies and procedures
- Isn't incident reporting just too much paperwork?
- Lessons learned
- Why do illnesses have to be recorded?
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete Children and Young Individual’s Health and Safety – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04852
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- The course will develop the competence and knowledge of learning support staff like teaching assistants, learning support assistants and childcare workers. They will contribute to the health and safety of children, young people, families and colleagues.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
- Teaching Assistant – £12,201 per annum
- Childcare Worker – £7.37 per hour
- Classroom Assistant
- Welfare Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Coach
- Health & Safety Assistant
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.