Strategic Development Network
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Are you a qualified vocational assessor looking to conduct end-point assessment in the future, or prepare apprentices for it?
This Level 3 course will provide you with the building blocks to carry out end-point assessment in future and help you to get ahead of the game. If you’re preparing apprentices for end-point assessment on-programme, the course will give you a useful insight into what apprentices will face.
SDN has helped over 50 of the first EPAOs (and more than 600 assessors) currently delivering end-point assessment. Our insights from this work are shared with you as part of the course.
This course is applicable to those operating in all industries. (We also deliver sector-specific / bespoke in-house courses for assessor teams)
Here’s what the course covers:
Understand the principles and practices of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The role and responsibilities of an end-point assessor
- The function of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The requirements of apprenticeship standards and end-point assessments
- The difference between ongoing assessments and end-point assessments
- Grading requirements of end-point assessments and the differences between each grade
Understand different types and methods of end-point assessment
- The different types and methods of end-point assessments that form part of apprenticeship standards
- The strengths and limitations of a range of end-point assessment types and methods
Know how to plan end-point assessments in line with the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Key factors to consider when planning end-point assessments
- Risks that may be involved in conducting end-point assessments within own area of responsibility
- Planning how to conduct end-point assessments in line with the requirements of an apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Communicating planned end-point assessments to relevant stakeholders
Be able to make end-point assessment decisions
- Assessing the vocational knowledge, skills and behaviours of an apprentice to meet end-point assessment requirements
- Recording the end-point assessment decision
- Justifying end-point assessment and grading decisions in line with the apprenticeship requirements
- Following procedures to maintain the confidentiality of end-point assessment information
- Following relevant policies, procedures and legislation when conducting, recording and reporting end-point assessments
- Providing end-point assessment feedback to stakeholders
Understand quality assurance of the end-point assessment process
- Quality assurance and standardisation policies and procedures that apply to end-point assessments
- Procedures to follow when there are disputes concerning end-point assessments decisions
- Planning and logging professional development opportunities relevant to own role
Who is this course for?
This Level 3 course for qualified assessors has been designed for those planning to deliver (or already conducting) end-point assessment, or those preparing apprentices for it.
“Thank you so much for the time you have taken to make a really enjoyable, interesting course. I will be recommending your service to others that are wishing to complete their EPA qualification.”
Charlie – Course attendee
This condensed course is for qualified assessors – you must therefore already hold a recognised assessor qualification such as CAVA or A1. Course participants must be aged 18 or over and be proficient in Literacy and Numeracy. You should also have proven occupational experience in the sector area that you plan to conduct end-point assessment in. A copy of your CV and a professional statement, qualification certificates and proof of ID will be required.
This qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, with whom SDN is an approved centre. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Level 3 Award in Undertaking End-Point Assessment.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.