The Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities is designed to help learners equip themselves with the skills and knowledge to work with children and adults with learning disabilities. The course is suitable for beginners or individuals already employed that requires them to interact with people with disabilities. The course will primarily focus on promoting communication in health, supporting families who have children with disabilities and supporting adults with learning disabilities.
The course will introduce individuals to key topics such as legislation and policies of supporting individuals with learning disabilities, learn that individuals with disabilities have the same rights and understand the steps involved to move from childhood to adulthood. Learn how to implement a positive behavioural support system in environments that support individuals with learning disabilities.
The Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities will give individuals access on enabling them to acquire person-centered approach and to expand their professional practice. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a Care Worker and how to perform the job role effectively.
- Understand that people with disabilities have the same right as everyone else.
- Understand the transition in moving from childhood to adulthood.
- Learn how mental well-being and mental health can affect a person’s life span.
- Learn to apply the best practices in an environment that supports individuals with learning disabilities.
1:Understanding The Context Supporting Individuals With Learning Disabilities
2: Understand Positive Risk Taking For Individuals With Disabilities
3: Principles Of Supporting Young People With A Disability To Make A Transition Into Adulthood
4: Understand Mental Well-Being And Mental Health Promotion
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- This qualification provides learners with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills supporting individuals with learning disabilities. It is also ideal for individuals who are currently employed in job roles supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- The units offered within this qualification mirror those offered within the Learning Disabilities Pathway of the Health and Social Care Diplomas in England
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 122
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 600/4037/3
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students will be internally assessed using a range of assessment methods. This could include a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Additionally, £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- Senior Level Workers
- Managers supporting individuals with learning disabilities
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to make the payment of £69 and submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant – £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker – £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker – £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant – £7.42 per hour
- Special Education Teacher – £28,481 per annum
- Special Education Assistant – £13,812 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How much are the exams?
Kindly note that Additional, £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in instalments when you are submitting your assessments.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.