The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is aimed at people who are or intend to become supervisors of food handlers within the catering and hospitality industry.
Learners on this course will expand their knowledge regarding food safety and hygiene, enabling them to identify any potential problems and apply the correct solutions, therefore improving their degree of competence within the workplace as well as raising the standards of practice within the working environment.
The qualification will be assessed through a number of essays constructed into an online portfolio. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following unit:
- Understand the Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations– You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and give learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
The qualification is designed for learners who wish to progress to higher or supervisory level within a food catering business, broadening their knowledge and improving their working skills by studying topics such as; ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, microbiology and temperature control.
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- Students must be at least 16 years old
This qualification has been designed for those who are, or intend to be, supervisors of food handlers within the catering and hospitality industry and is an ideal link between the Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene qualification and progression towards the more advanced Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.