The Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare is the perfect course that provides individuals with a great opportunity to work with children in a home-care setting. If you love being around children then you can enjoy a career as a child care worker or run a childcare business.
The Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare will feature key topics such as legislation related to home-based care, safeguarding children, creating a healthy and safe environment, promoting equality and diversion, and understanding the day to day routine of children.
Working with children can be emotionally rewarding, fun and lucrative. It gives you an opportunity to set up your own childcare home-based business, or work as a nanny or au pair.
Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- Learn the role and responsibilities of working with children as a nanny or au pair.
- Learn how to set up your own childcare home-based business.
- Learn how to work with children from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide a safe environment for children in your care
- Understand their emotional and mental well-being while in your care.
1: Preparing To Work As A Home Based Childcarer
2: Preparing To Set Up A Home Based Childcare Business
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- Unit 1 provides learners with the knowledge required to work with children in a home based childcare setting
- Unit 2 prepares learners to set up a home based childcare business
- The Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare covers age ranges from birth to 19 years
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 50
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 60
- Qualification number (QN): 601/3527/X
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
We believe that tutor support is paramount to how well you succeed in your choice of programme. Therefore, we have taken great care to ensure you have tutor support from start to finish. When you enrol in our courses, you will receive dedicated tutor support. Our academic tutors will provide unlimited assistance through email, and in the instance of any questions they will provide answers to the best of their knowledge.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at individuals who want to have a career as Senior Healthcare Workers, Support Workers, Community-Based Senior Care Assistants and Care Workers working with people with dementia and disabilities.
Learners must be 16 or over, and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
Learners taking the Certificate will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
- Nanny – £9.66 per hour
- Child Care Worker – £7.40 per hour
- Au Pair (average UK salary according to gov.uk: £70-85 per week)
- Registered Childminders
- Childcare Businesses
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.