The Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care is designed for individuals who want to work with people of all ages and provide care in a social care setting. If you want to qualify to work in health and social care, this course is perfect for you. It will give individuals a fully recognised qualification in health and social care and looking to work with people who require care assistance. Learners will acquire in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a health and social care worker.
The course will introduce learners to key topics such as safeguarding individuals in a care setting, knowing signs and symptoms of behaviour that may cause concerns and protecting the welfare of individuals. The course will cover a wide range of issues but primarily focus on the care of people through a health and balanced service.
The Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care will give learners access to a wide range of areas such as personal development, communication, and health and safety. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a Care Worker and how to perform the job role effectively.
- Learn to apply best practices in health and social care.
- Know the indicators and behaviours that can be cause for concern.
- Understand the factors that can contribute to an individual being in harm’s way.
- Learn how to safeguard individuals in relation to policies and procedures.
1: Equality, Diversity And Rights In Health And Social Care
2: Human Growth And Development
3: Safeguarding In Health And Social Care
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 3 mandatory units. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
Grading system: A*–D (to pass an assignment you must achieve a grade D or above).
Additionally, £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
- The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care have been designed to enable learners to progress to further study in the same field, and will also support your progression into the workplace
- This Award is made up of 3 mandatory units, which gives learners a good understanding of working in health and social care
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 180
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 215
- Qualification number (QN): 601/6108/5
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to make the payment of £69 and submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant – £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker – £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker – £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant – £7.42 per hour
- Caregiver – £7.88 per hour
- Home Care Worker – £8.08 per hour
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I do have a nvq but in computing is that accepted
Yes, Kindly note that you need to meet the below reqirements Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following: Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT abilityThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If I have cpd level 2 certificates is that good enough . I also have a level 2 counselling skills
Yes, you can and further you need to be over the age of 19 & you need to have a Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.