Authentic Education and Training Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
We are delighted to offer an adapted and additional service to our distance learners.
We can now offer scheduled face to face - by video call sessions.
Our PLUS course offers learners the option to:
- Take advantage of group type-setting
- Engage with other learners
- Participate from wherever they are (even if isolating)
- Without changing from their self-paced distance learning course.
You have up to 3 months to complete this course.
Originally called PTLLS (Petals) The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is the standard Initial Teacher Training course and the minimum needed to teach adults in the UK.
Including the costs of assessment and certification as well as access to your online learning materials and full tutor support this is the most cost-effective way of becoming qualified as able to teach or train others in the UK.
Assessment is by a portfolio where you complete a bank of questions and sending these to your tutor.
The QA (Qualsafe Awards) Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, specifically designed to be an introduction to teaching for those who work or would like to work in the further education and skills sector.
With 24/7 access to your learning materials online and individual support via email and telephone contact with your tutor, this course is designed to help you achieve the qualification as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Successful candidates will leave with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare them for teaching in a wide range of contexts, in environments such as Further Education (FE) Colleges, Local Authorities or independent training.
You will have access to online material including:
- Video Tutorials
- Printable Presentations
- Good practice examples (Web resources and downloadable documentation)
- Extended learning
You will have access to full tutor support by email or telephone in addition to access to any personalised resources created by your tutor to meet your individual need (if any)
You will complete the following three units
Understanding Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (6 credits)
This unit is a mixture of knowledge and practical and will give you the understanding you need to be able to understand the various learning and teaching strategies and methods.
It includes a micro-teach that you will deliver to an audience of your choice (minimum of three) that you will record and pass on to your tutor. You will also be required to observe and review other students teaching (Micro-teaches).
Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 credits)
What is covered?
- Roles and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Relationships between teachers and other professionals
- Boundaries between the teaching role and other professionals
- Points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
Inclusive teaching, including:
- Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Creating an inclusive teaching and learning plan
- Justifying own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to individual learner needs
- Delivering inclusive teaching and learning to meet individual needs, including:
- Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning including areas for improvement
- Different methods of assessment and how they can be adapted to meet individual learner needs
- How to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- The role and use of constructive feedback
- Record keeping of assessments
Who is this course for?
Changing a career has become standard practice in recent years and this qualification allows a career change into the education and training sector. With this qualification you can teach in a college or gain employment as a trainer. There you can pass on your skills to the next generation and in many cases increase your salary as well.
The opportunities don't stop here! You can progress on to the Level 4 and Level 5 courses and if you chose to gain the QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) and teach in schools.
You must be over 19 years old on the first day of training and are expected to have a good level of Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills.
This course can not be carried out on a telephone. You must have access to a computer and e mail.
From here you can go on to gain higher level teaching qualifications, Assessor qualifications and educational Quality Assurance qualifications.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.