CTC Training and Development Limited
This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a workshop, classroom or other training environment - it is not intended for those wishing to assess competence in a work environment.
- Awarding organisation syllabus - download
The Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement is a nationally recognised certificate ideal for those assessing a range of training courses. This award replaces the previously named 'A1' qualification. The award is made up of 2 units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)
- Assessing Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding (6 credits)
The 2 units listed above are both mandatory and successful completion of the award relies on these units being completed fully.
Mode of Study:
Each person enrolling on the award will be expected to complete an online portfolio which will record evidence from a range of assessment scenarios and allow your tutor to feedback on your progress. You will be expected to remain in contact with your tutor throughout the course by either email, telephone or face to face contact.
The course is assessed by 2 methods:
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Observation of you assessing 2 candidates in 2 different assessment scenarios.
You are responsible for organizing the candidates for assessment and this must be in a real life training or workshop as we are looking for both your actions and the responses of the learner to you assessing.
We ask you to organise a qualified assessor to observe you completing assessments and provide written feedback. Should this not be practical we can organise for a tutor/assessor to visit your workplace in order to complete the assessments.
Who is this course for?
Those who are currently assessing classroom training or workshops.
Anyone wishing to enrol on the Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be at least 19 years of age (at assessment date)
- Demonstrate at least level 2 skills in literacy and numeracy.
- Be able to assess a minimum of 2 candidates in a real life training scenario.
Following completion of this award you may be interested in the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.