Add to basket or enquire
This OFQUAL recognised qualification is designed for those already working in a SENCo role as part of their Early Years Practitioner role, or those who are interested in doing so. This qualification is also appropriate for childminders.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in an Early Years setting
- Understand early identification and action for children with SEND
- Understand the graduated approach in an Early Years setting
- Be able to practice as a reflective Early Years Practitioner
- Understand the strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families
- Increase knowledge of SEND codes of practice.
- Develop employability skills
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- rogress to further and higher education
- Develop new practical skills in health and social care
To achieve this qualification, learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in the Early Years
- Strategies and techniques for supporting children and families
How the course is delivered
This Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods including portfolio of evidence. A non-mandatory internal assessment task will be provided to be completed at the end of the qualification.
This qualification is suitable for those interested in pursuing careers in the following areas:
- Health and social care
- Childhood studies
- Community, youth and families
- Social work
- Early years
- Primary teaching
Who is this course for?
The Early Years Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) qualification is suitable for a Level 3 practitioner in a private, voluntary or independent setting.
- Learners must be aged 16 or above
- Have an appropriate level of skill in the English language
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress to higher learning in Special Education Needs and other relevant sectors.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.