Add to basket or enquire
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Baking and Cake Decorating with Official Certification
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
If you have a love of cake baking and decorating the Advanced Diploma in Baking and Cake Decorating – Level 3 is the perfect course for you. Turn what you love to do into a career opportunity. Cake baking and decorating are lucrative businesses that will not only give you a profitable career but also a rewarding one. As long as there are birthday parties and any kind of parties, in general, cake bakers and decorators will never run out of work. It is the perfect course to gain practical guidance and skills on how to bake and decorate cakes for any type and scale events.
The course is in-depth and offers learners skills and knowledge to become professional cake bakers and decorators. It is a comprehensive course that focuses not just on how to bake and decorate a flawless cake, but also to run your own business as a cake decorator. Learn highly precise decorating tips and techniques and give your cakes a beautiful appearance. Some of the topics covered in the course include icing, tasting and making the fondant.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA /Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Become a whiz in the kitchen and turn those recipes into delicious cakes and pastries.
- Learn fondant and icing techniques and layer creation and preparing cakes.
- Learn what to include in your portfolio and what will attract potential clients to your baking and cake decorating business.
- Discover the steps it takes to start a baking and cake decorating business. Learn how to work as a self-employed specialist and enjoy flexibility in terms of working hours and shift patterns.
- Learn about job opportunities that exist in relation to baking and cake decorating in the industry.
- Master the tricky techniques, the skills and practical knowledge and learn how to bake and decorate cakes to a high standard.
Course Curriculum : Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Baking and Cake Decorating with Official Certification
1: Getting Started
3: Making Fondant
4: How Important Is Taste
5: Decorating With Fondant
6: Putting It All Together
7: Presentation And Serving
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
This online course will be evaluated through written assignments. In order to complete this programme successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-03613
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals considering changing their career
- Individuals entering the workforce after taking a break from their former careers
- Those who want to start their own business in baking and cake decorating
- Anyone who has a deep interest in baking and cake decorating
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Cake Decorator
- Pastry Chef
Others jobs you can get
- Cake Decoration business owner
- Cake Stylist
- Professional Cake Maker
- Confectionary Baker
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.