Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
If being a midwife has always been your dream job, or you’re looking to make a career change, the Access to HE Diploma (Midwifery) is a level 3 qualification designed to prepare you to study a degree in midwifery. If you don’t have the grades you need to apply for university, an Access to HE Diploma will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need.
This qualification covers important topics in healthcare, as well as a range of units that prepare you for university life. When you study with Learning Curve Group, you'll also benefit from full support with your UCAS application.
- Preparing to Study
- Progressing to Higher Education
- Preparing a Written Assignment
- Academic Writing Skills
- Independent Research
- The Roles & Responsibilities of the Midwife
- The History of the National Health Service
- Inequalities in Health & Illness
- The Urinary System
- Equality & Diversity within Healthcare
- Cell Biology
- Human Immunity
- Human Nutrition and the Digestive System
- The Human Musculo-skeletal System
- Human Reproduction, Growth & Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- The Brain and the Nervous System
- Poverty and Health
- Social Factors in Health Care
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has aspirations to become a Midwife.
You must be a resident of England.
You must hold a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English.
Access to Higher Education courses are designed to prepare people without traditional qualifications for study at university. Successful learners can expect to work in Health and Social Care.