Add to basket or enquire
The Youth Work & Mental Health First Aid sector employs over 70,000 people each year. In the UK, strong emphasis is placed on early intervention to ensure that young people are equipped with the necessary skills and abilities to succeed in life. And our Youth Work Certificate course will equip you with all the information you need to start your journey in this industry.
Our Level 2 Youth Work Certificate & Mental Health First Aid course equips you with the knowledge and understanding needed to engage with young people in a professional and effective way. In addition to learning how to identify and address young people's needs, you will also learn how to use a variety of communication tools and approaches to forge meaningful connections with them.
Furthermore, you will be equipped to take on positions as a youth worker, mentor, or support worker after successfully completing our Level 2 Youth Work Certificate & Mental Health First Aid course. With your knowledge and abilities, you will be able to positively impact the lives of young people and mould their futures.
So, if you’re looking to make a lasting impact in the lives of young people, look no further than our Level 2 Youth Work Certificate & Mental Health First Aid course. Enrol today!
- Develop an understanding of the roles, responsibilities and relationships of youth work practitioners.
- Examine a range of challenges and issues experienced by young people in society.
- Identify relevant models of youth work practice and explore the values, skills and knowledge required to work with young people.
- Analyse the contexts of youth work and identify the implications of the changing social, political and economic environment.
- Develop an understanding of effective methods of engaging young people and promoting personal and social development.
- Explore relevant legal frameworks, safeguarding and ethical considerations for youth work.
- Apply research and evaluation methods in youth work practice.
- Develop an understanding of the professional pathways available in the youth work sector.
What You Get Out Of Studying Youth Work & Mental Health First Aid With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Mental Health First Aid course
- Full one-year access to Mental Health First Aid course materials
- Instant assessment results
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Mental Health First Aid course at your own pace
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams with the training
- Study at your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining valuable skills by completing the course
The Youth Work & Mental Health First Aid course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform.
**Youth Work Certificate Level 2**
Module 1: Introduction
- What Is it?
- Approaches to Youth Work
Module 2: Who Are the Youth Workers?
- What Does a Youth Worker Do?
- Youth Workers Competence
Module 3: Youth Worker Role and Methods
- Practice in Different Settings
- Youth Development Work as a Profession
Module 4: Legal Responsibilities
- Values and Principles
Module 5: Youth Work as a Career (Social Work)
- A Unique Profession
- Selecting a Career in Social Work
- Education and the Social Work Career Ladder
- Employment Opportunities
- Salary and Demand for Social Worker
Module 6: Social Influences
- Social Change in Development Work
- Social Change Can Occur on Three Levels:
- Paulo Freire and social change
- Applying Freire’s ideas
Module 7: Youth Work in Mental Health
- Competencies for Mental Health practice
- Values and Integrity
- Classification and Treatment for Mental Disorder
- Generalist Practice with Group and Communities
- Environmental Perspective on Mental Health
Module 8: Social Work and Criminal Justice
- Components of the Criminal Justice System
- Social Welfare Policy in Criminal Justice
**Mental Health First Aid**
- Module 1: Introduction to Mental Health
- Module 2: Overview of Mental Health First Aid
- Module 3: Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders
- Module 4: Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Module 5: Schizophrenia
- Module 6: Personality Disorders
- Module 7: Mood Disorders
- Module 8: Eating & Sleeping Disorders
- Module 9: Self-Harm and Suicide
- Module 10: Medication and Therapy in the Treatment of Mental Illness
- Module 11: Social Attitudes to Mental Illness
- Module 12: Mental Health Legislation and Services
- Module 13: Mental Health in the Workplace
- Module 14: Approach and React To People in Mental Health Crisis
Who is this course for?
The Mental Health First Aid course is ideal for those who are interested or already working in this sector.
Be informed that this course is a theoretical study. However, to get a professional qualification you may choose the any of the following:
- RQF Mental Health Awareness
- NVQ Level 3 Mental Health
- FAA Level 1 in Awareness for Mental Health (RQF)
- Mental Health Nursing
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness (RQF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health (RQF)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
- Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
- Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People (RQF)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health (RQF)
No prior qualifications are needed for Learners to enrol on this Mental Health First Aid course.
Professionals in this sector tend to pursue the following career opportunities
- Community Development Worker
- Youth Advocate
- Youth Outreach Worker
- Youth Program Coordinator
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Any additional cost ? £10 for course and certificate ?Answer:
Hi Naz, Thank you for your interest. This course includes a free pdf certificate, so there is no further payment. However, in order to get the hard copy of the certificate, the learner will be required to pay. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
CPD Accredited PDF Certificate
Digital certificate - Included
CPD Accredited PDF Certificate
Hard copy certificate - £15.99
A physical, high-quality copy of your certificate will be printed and mailed to you for only £15.99.
For students within the United Kingdom, there will be no additional charge for postage and packaging. For students outside the United Kingdom, there will be an additional £10 fee for international shipping.