Add to basket or enquire
This Level 2 Technical Award in Music Technology enables learners to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the music technology industry. It is suitable for learners who are motivated and challenged by learning through hands-on experiences. The qualification will allow learners to gain practical skills in creating music using technology.
The Level 2 Technical Award is aimed at 14-16 year olds with an interest in music production and recording and is designed to sit alongside GCSEs in the Key Stage 4 curriculum. This qualification is also available to over 16s. It is a vocational qualification equivalent to GCSE at grades A*-C.
The qualification provides an introduction to the music technology industry and enables learners to acquire, develop and apply skills and knowledge required for further academic and/or vocational study.
This qualification shows learners how to:
- Set up and use a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Create a musical project to a specified brief, using audio and MIDI editing tools
- Understand and experiment with musical elements in a chosen style
- Plan and undertake a studio recording session
- Use mixing techniques to make a multi-track recording
- Explore sound creation.
The knowledge and skills gained will provide a secure foundation for a career in the music technology industry.
Aims of the Course
Learners will develop skills in:
- Creating music using MIDI and audio in a particular style
- Using different software and equipment to create music
- Planning and undertaking a studio recording session
- Mixing of multi-track recording
- Planning and undertaking sound creation
- Reviewing their own and others’ work
- Planning and experimentation.
This qualification consists of 4 mandatory units:
- Using a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Creating music
- Studio recording
- Sound creation
How the Course is Delivered
This course is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time.
Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions.
Assessment includes portfolio of evidence and externally set and assessed question paper and practical assessment.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for learners who are motivated and challenged by learning through hands-on experiences. The qualification will allow learners to gain practical skills in creating music using technology.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. This qualification has been developed for learners aged 14-16 in schools and colleges but is also accessible for learners post-16.
Learners who achieve this V Cert qualification could progress onto further level 3 qualifications and A levels, such as:
- NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media
- NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media
- A level Music
- A level Music Technology
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.